• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2nd String DC Sci-Fi
1 1

1,249 posts in this topic

Here is one of my favorite Moreira covers...as close to Silver Age "Good Girl Art" as the CCA allowed. The blue on the cover is just outstanding (better in person than in this scan).

HOS_07.jpg

This issue always reminds me of the epic Ray Harryhausen film.: JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS

I know we want to move on to other titles, but I just had to post just a few more HOM'S. These covers deserve to be shown. I'll start to dig for some HOS books over the weekend.

I just received my shipment of books from the Mound City auction out in St.Louis area. 2000 silverage comic collection with 1000 slabbed! Picked some lots of Tales Unexpected, HOM, MGA plus some HG slabbed stuff.

HOM  7

HOM 20

HOM 33

HOM 51

HOM 108[/img]

This last one # 109 is the Bethlehem copy.

HOM  109

I just received my shipment of books from the Mound City auction out in St.Louis area. 2000 silverage comic collection with 1000 slabbed! Picked some lots of Tales Unexpected, HOM, MGA plus some HG slabbed stuff.

Wow...2000 books! I sure hope you fire up your scanner and share all those DC Scifi scans in this thread.

Here is the only book I got from that auction:

TOTU_54.jpg

Bill

Wow Rick, those are wonderful!

My favorite from your latest batch of posting has to be the HOM #7. Really spooky cover there!

Bill

It's another excellent pre-code book from DC! (thumbs u

I will definitely post some of the Mound City books. Bill, you got the Tale Unexp 54 and I picked up the 53,57,60,68,69 and the 25 book lot, which has some incredible books (condition wise) in it. I wish I had picked up some other lots as they were selling for reasonable prices.

Here are some of my House of Secrets. My number one I bought from the infamous Jay Maybruck many moons ago.

HOS  1

HOS 2

HOS 9

I will definitely post some of the Mound City books. Bill, you got the Tale Unexp 54 and I picked up the 53,57,60,68,69 and the 25 book lot, which has some incredible books (condition wise) in it. I wish I had picked up some other lots as they were selling for reasonable prices.

Here are some of my House of Secrets. My number one I bought from the infamous Jay Maybruck many moons ago.

That would be Mr Maybruck from Sparkle City fame...I was a stready customer of his at the NY shows...I remember buying these lil' gems from that great big Sparkle City table...

MGA_17.jpg

MGA_20.jpg

Love those Mark Merlins...He and his ladyfriend Elsa solved mysteries of the unexplianed decades before the X-Files....

1st app. MM - quite tough to find in nice shape.

HOS_23a.jpg

A rare SA GGA cover!

hos_29.jpg

I would love to see a fight with Elsa and Jann of the Jungle!

You guys are blowing me away with these high grade copies! It's a real treat to get to see them. (worship)

If I had to pick a favorite it might be this one.

HOS13.jpg

Edited by JohnT

You guys are blowing me away with these high grade copies! It's a real treat to get to see them. (worship)

Thanks, John. But most of my DC stuff is only FN/VF to VF. I'm far too much of a tight- to swim in the deep end of the pool. lol

Nice books Zzutak!!

Right back at ya, Rick. Very pretty books. (thumbs u (thumbs u

Thanks, John. But most of my DC stuff is only FN/VF to VF. I'm far too much of a tight- to swim in the deep end of the pool. lol

Nice books Zzutak!!

Right back at ya, Rick. Very pretty books. (thumbs u (thumbs u

TOTAL JUNK

:insane:

:gossip:

:takeit: