• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2nd String DC Sci-Fi
1 1

1,249 posts in this topic

Great posts , as usual, guys. The Doom Patrol always reminds me of the Challengers of the Unknown. I never got into them as much as the COTU.

I use to have a rough copy of this issue of TOTU as a young kid, bought from a second hand store. Love the Bob Brown cover. Read it and reread it many times over.

TALE UNEXP 30

Great posts , as usual, guys. The Doom Patrol always reminds me of the Challengers of the Unknown. I never got into them as much as the COTU.

I use to have a rough copy of this issue of TOTU as a young kid, bought from a second hand store. Love the Bob Brown cover. Read it and reread it many times over.

TALEUNEXP30.jpg

A rare early SA DC cover that didn't have any exposition. Very sweet!

Edited by JohnT

Thought I'd post more MGAs. More bizarre creatures and weird predictaments for your viewing pleasure.

MGA51.jpg

Really like the colors and the monster on this one.

I thought I'd post this one here for you Murphy Anderson fans. This is a rare FC with great art by him! I just picked this one up and I really enjoyed reading it. It's also kind of a hard-hitting story for a FC (one of the heros actually dies!).

FC1083.jpg

Here's another MGA from the same time period. MGA 43 from May 1960. I bought it from a good friend who, in turn, bought it from Mark Wilson. Probably couldn't even afford the book in this high of a grade today. Back in the mid nineties they were somewhat affordable. MGA43.jpgMGA43.jpg

I thought I'd post this one here for you Murphy Anderson fans. This is a rare FC with great art by him! I just picked this one up and I really enjoyed reading it. It's also kind of a hard-hitting story for a FC (one of the heros actually dies!).

FC1083.jpg

I have a raw White Mountain copy of this book. You are correct, it is rare, I have never seen another copy until you posted yours.

It may have been more affordable back then but darn tough to find that nice now or then.

Here's another MGA from the same time period. MGA 43 from May 1960. I bought it from a good friend who, in turn, bought it from Mark Wilson. Probably couldn't even afford the book in this high of a grade today. Back in the mid nineties they were somewhat affordable. MGA43.jpgMGA43.jpg