• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading question...

18 posts in this topic

I was just informed I got a 9.8 on a book that has a coupon missing. Would this get a green or purple label?? I was curious if anyone knows how this works. Thanks for the help in advance and happy holidays to everyone.

Hulk 181?

I was just informed I got a 9.8 on a book that has a coupon missing. Would this get a green or purple label?? I was curious if anyone knows how this works. Thanks for the help in advance and happy holidays to everyone.

Hulk 181?

think they mean a coupon that has been ripped out of the center (valiant style), not clipped.

a book in high grade with one significant flaw like you describe is the very reason CGC has the Green Label.

Purple Labels are for restored books. Not sure how a book with a coupon missing could be confused with restoration, but it is the Holidays.

You can request Blue Labels for books that might otherwise garner Green Labels. CGC will then consider the flaw as a defect and deduct for it. In this case, you would likely be looking at a book in the VG+ range, rather than a 9.8 Green.

For the sake of full disclosure, I myself dislike the Green Label system, and would prefer Blue, Purple and Yellow to be the only 3 colours

Hulk 181?

think they mean a coupon that has been ripped out of the center (valiant style), not clipped.

VALIANT STYLE! :banana: