• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Protective Bags for CGC Comics

105 posts in this topic

Sterling, serously they are the duck's nuts.

Much better presentation than those resealable bags unlimited bags.

MUCH BETTER!

There is nothing in the world better than duck's nuts, but I too prefer the BU bags. (shrug)

To each his own. But the major drawback to the BU bag is they are murky and dont let the book be shown off well. And in the end, to me, its about pulling the book out of the box and not having to pull it out of another bag to enjoy it.

Do you put your books out and display it on a stupid rack? Or are you like most and put them in the stupid CGC boxes? Big whoop about their display ability.

Nope, i dont put them out. But thats a non-sequiter. I dont want to take the slab out of a bag to see it :sumo:

Aint it a shame though that we are talking about protecting the slab that is protecting the books that we love :luhv:

You're retarded. If you really want to see the book, crack it out, dork.
lol(worship)

Dont you have some French Fries to eat at an expensive restaurant :popcorn:

Nice comeback meh
He should be spending his time scanning the books with his fancy smancy scanner. That's how I get to check out my books.

just the default one. I havent tinkered with the settings at all.

Thing is, some of them look meh and some of them look much clearer. :shrug:

Bottom line: BU's pricing also includes shipping so it's about even. I'm all for them looking nice through the bag, but honestly once I get the book I catalogue and store it. That's about it! Russ: If you were to come up with a cost effective REPLACEMENT of the BU bag, that's essentially the same (poly, resealable)...I'd be game. I can't justify mylars for my slabs. I got some test mylars from a guy that sold 'em on eBay and it just didn't work for me.

Off Topic: I did look (and purchase) VueScan that someone else here mentioned...it's a universal program for scanning for all scanners...I believe I have maximum tweaking capability with the program...and helps with some automation efforts.

I did in fact scan with my non-legal HP scanner and the inner well "rainbow" effect wasn't there (as I thought)...

MK, what reduced the "rainbow" of the top and bottom of the inner well?

Oh and it was just one vertical thin rainbow line, nothing to do with the inner well

Oh, ok. The HP scans have blurry top and bottoms of the well...I really hate my HP now...hate it hate it hate it. I'm not going back to a non-legal scanner and stich my mess.

Oh and it was just one vertical thin rainbow line, nothing to do with the inner well

Oh, ok. The HP scans have blurry top and bottoms of the well...I really hate my HP now...hate it hate it hate it. I'm not going back to a non-legal scanner and stich my mess.

Good luck re-scanning your collection if you get a new scanner :insane:

Good luck re-scanning your collection if you get a new scanner :insane:

Well, here's the deal: MS has a built in ActiveX control in Office 2003 and above that can OCR my scans to determine grade, title, and pq...I can write a program to automatically name my files using that text...all I need to do is automate the scanning part and VueScan can automate that...

So all I need to do is to place 1,200 slabs on the flatbed...and flip 'em.

Piece of cake. lol