• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Never-Ending Comic Book Quiz

1,202 posts in this topic

I'll try to word this to make it less Google-friendly (sorry for the fractured syntax).

What noted science fiction author scripted the first full comic book appearance of characters created by a fellow Hugo-winning science fiction author? (I'm looking for the name of the comic book scripter here). hm

I'll try to word this to make it less Google-friendly (sorry for the fractured syntax).

What noted science fiction author scripted the first full comic book appearance of characters created by a fellow Hugo-winning science fiction author? (I'm looking for the name of the comic book scripter here). hm

Hmm, slightly confusing but... Neil Gaiman? (shrug)

No... Gaiman wasn't who I had in mind, and I don't think there is a case where he brought characters created by someone else into comics (well, except for Shakespeare and the authors of the Bible, however those guys never won Hugo awards ;) ).

But just to rule out recent Hugo winners like Gaiman or Alan Moore, I'll specify that I'm talking about a Bronze Age comic book here.

No... Gaiman wasn't who I had in mind, and I don't think there is a case where he brought characters created by someone else into comics (well, except for Shakespeare and the authors of the Bible, however those guys never won Hugo awards ;) ).

But just to rule out recent Hugo winners like Gaiman or Alan Moore, I'll specify that I'm talking about a Bronze Age comic book here.

Harlan Ellison (shrug)

Harlan Ellison (shrug)

No... another good guess. Here's another hint: The scripter in question had a very brief run on the title, and his run was preceeded by Denny O'Neil, and followed by Bob Kanigher.

Nice one Zonker. No way I would have gotten that without the clue. (Wikipedia strikes again)

Next question:

"Your death will come when the ring of power that you wear eventually fails you, running out of energy at a critical moment..."

The above quote is from an Alan Moore story.

What is the name of the character who spoke this prophecy, and to whom was he speaking?

Nice one Zonker. No way I would have gotten that without the clue. (Wikipedia strikes again)

Next question:

"Your death will come when the ring of power that you wear eventually fails you, running out of energy at a critical moment..."

The above quote is from an Alan Moore story.

What is the name of the character who spoke this prophecy, and to whom was he speaking?

Qull of the five inversions. Abin Sur.