• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Never-Ending Comic Book Quiz

1,202 posts in this topic

Supergirl left her life as a heroine to join the Paris jetset as a supermodel. When Superman was unable to persuade her to return, he asked Wonder Woman to track her down and talk some sense into her. Kind of a super-intervention.

Supergirl left her life as a heroine to join the Paris jetset as a supermodel. When Superman was unable to persuade her to return, he asked Wonder Woman to track her down and talk some sense into her. Kind of a super-intervention.

(thumbs u

Yep...another wacky DC story... :/

Jim

2) nick fury, or dunn dunn dugan? (shrug)

^^

Dum Dum Dugan is the most accurate answer --- he is the agent that first puts hands on the sniper to arrest him. I would also have accepted Nick Fury (also in the room, and in command), or just SHIELD in general.

Great job! :applause: Out of curiosity: did you pull a copy and flip thru the story for the answer, or do you have one of those memories that can dredge up this stuff?

^^

Dum Dum Dugan is the most accurate answer --- he is the agent that first puts hands on the sniper to arrest him. I would also have accepted Nick Fury (also in the room, and in command), or just SHIELD in general.

Great job! :applause: Out of curiosity: did you pull a copy and flip thru the story for the answer, or do you have one of those memories that can dredge up this stuff?

I had to research this one, although aweforone found the cover faster. (worship) So I'll give him my 1/2 pt. Not sure if he's still here, but I'll put this one up to stew on.

Title and issue?

6q3ewsl.jpg

^^

I had to research this one, although aweforone found the cover faster. (worship) So I'll give him my 1/2 pt. Not sure if he's still here, but I'll put this one up to stew on.

Title and issue?

6q3ewsl.jpg

Western Killers 59 (no number)

Jack

(worship)

I spent over an hour last night, between watching New Year's festivities on TV, trying to find this comic and can see now I wasn't even close to locating it...

Jim

(worship)

I spent over an hour last night, between watching New Year's festivities on TV, trying to find this comic and can see now I wasn't even close to locating it...

Jim

I got lucky -- vaguely remembered that it was "Western [something]", went to Western Outlaws first in Gerber and there it was nearby.

Jack

Title and issue?

6q3ewsl.jpg

Jack

bronze_rules must be sleepin' off his New Year's Eve.

I'm sure enough that my answer is right that I'll post a question to move thing along. If I'm wrong, dock me a point!

What was the full name (first and last) of Tippy Teen's boyfriend?

Jack

What was the full name (first and last) of Tippy Teen's boyfriend?

Jack

Was it Tommy Trippit?

^^

but this isn't Jeopardy! (Answers in the form of a question really got povertyrow's dander up a few days ago.)

Next question, please!

EDIT:

Bet this cover is hard to find in HG!

11474-101219-1-tippy-teen_400.jpg

Interesting cover -- new one on me!

Jack

My score = 2 !

New question: Whose (fictional) autobiography begins with the following line, and what is its title?:

"The lady who works in the grocery store at the corner of my block is called Denise, and she's one of America's great unpublished novelists."