• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-man nº238,239 and others

4 posts in this topic

To everyone

Is it possible that these 2 might go up in value? Usually how much high do they go in the market?!

Do you think the tatooz existence or not on nº238 changes it's value?

Because i saw on overstreet that either it have them or not, the price is the same (due to "transfering operations from other marvel comics containing the same tatooz).

From ASM nº130 and up we are starting to have some interesting "semi-key" issues ex:135/136; 194; 238/239; 252 (i won't go near the 298-300 because they have being going up constantly).

Do you guys think this can be some "pseudo silver age" inside the late bronze/modern comics run?

It's also very interesting to see how the fans are rushing to get the 90's decade, usually on ebay i've been seeing them going for 2x, sometimes 3x of the price guide (that it's only a little higher than the cover price 3$).

Regards, Pedro.

Amazing Spider-man #238 has made some very weird jumps....

People were speculating (hoping ?) that the Hob-Goblin would make an appearance in the second Spider-man movie and the book saw a nice increase in demand/price. Somehow once it got out that there was no Hobby in the second movie the price actually didn't drop that much.

The last two months I have seen another small increase in price...

a 9.6 CGC goes for $150 - $170 every time...

sold last week

For some reason, there are not too many white-pagers out there, but Harley sold one last week as well

Harley Yee's Spidey 238

This is an interesting book to follow, as I'm sure there are a few WHITE 9.8's out there, just waiting for a movie retcon where Harry Osborne follows in daddy's footsteps but as the Hob-Goblin...

C.

Thanks for the reply.

Indeed, looks like that 238 has some legs to climb/maintain the actual price level...

What do you think about the "pseudo silver age" buld up by the semi-key issues from the late bronze/modern age comics?

I'm wondering of Marvel might jump the stories in a weird way and have Harry become the Hobgoblin, and avoid fans groaning that "Marvel's just bringing back the Green Goblin because it would sell tickets!" Having a weird plot twist so that Harry becomes the Hob instead of Green II might make sense, and Dynamic Forces published an interesting spoiler I won't reveal (and don't worry, even mentioning it in this context doesn't give it away). So we might actually see 136 AND 238 jump.

Oh, and contrary to Overstreet, the Tattooz certainly have influenced the pricing.