• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Come back Joe_Collector...

300 posts in this topic

Hey Danny!

I'm typing this from Times Square. I got here at 7 AM to get a good spot.....

Nah, not really. lol Chilling in Queens... :headbang:

:signfunny:

What's all this talk about Cal and Levine doing in this thread?

Please leave that for the "Come back, pompous, self-centered windbags" thread.

Focus, people...FOCUS!

This thread is about Joe_Collector and how he needs to come back and keep the breadstick-armed fanboys in line.

What's all this talk about Cal and Levine doing in this thread?

Please leave that for the "Come back, pompous, self-centered windbags" thread.

Focus, people...FOCUS!

This thread is about Joe_Collector and how he needs to come back and keep the breadstick-armed fanboys in line.

Sho 'Nuff you surprised me

I did not think you had in you to be somewhat marginally and barely objective about the posts in your Thread...

However since it is YOUR Thread I will post my two-cents worth here in a respectful manner, or at least in a respectful CAL manner...

So here goes:

1) Yes( I hate to agree with anything Sho 'Nuff says - ever) you are correct - this Thread is about Joe Collector leaving - not Levine or myself returning/leaving/whatever

2) I just recently saw another Thread re: FOCUS. I even put my two-cents' worth in that thread, and yes I was attempting to contribute in a positive way. The total lack or control regarding FOCUS, in my not-so-humble opinion, is the major if not the number one reason trolls/pinheads/wanna-be's stay right where they are; they lack the inner discipline to do somethig about their meager and miserable existences, so they resort to provoking fights/arguments/flame-wars, etc. I guarantee you that almost ALL( if not a complete 100%) of the pinheads that flame here AND the eBay Comics Boards can be set in a demographical category. Said category will include parameters of: earning less than $30,000 per annum, no 401 K or substantial retirement plan, may live at home( Mama's basement typing with one hand and holding on with the other), in debt to their limits because of poor spending habits, have saved less than .01( ONE percent)% of their wages earned since entering the working real world, and has less than $10,000 in stocks or other financial instuments.

3) You want Joe Collector( JC) back. That is your right. I would probably stick around more if the JC's of the world would just leave for any reason as I feel that their contributions are insignificant at their best attempts. JC was always touting his "crash" theories, putting down CGC, bashing pressing comics, putting down a lot of people and ideas and things in general. But as they say, "birds of a feather stick together" so JC suredly has like-minded friends here on the CGC Board. Matter of fact I would be deeply dissapointed if certain CGC Board members did NOT side with JC here, but I won't mention them by name since this is not my Thread. I will start my own Thread in a minute and say things there.

Normally I would wish you a Happy New Year but I will just leave this Thread quietly.

CAL

I said we all miss him...and that includes you.

Now...when you left....well, that's a different story.

Except for the 14th time you left. I missed you for a couple of seconds then.

Oh, I forgot to deal with this one so I will make this one quicker and brief:

1) Sorry. ShoNuff I do NOT miss JC not one iota.

2) Please do not include me when you are attempting to speak for the entire CGC Forum Board Members - for you to include me missing JC was not only inaccurate to the extreme, is was inappropriate for you to take liberties for who I am on good terms with here on the Boards. JC and I did get along, but it was quite clear about how we felt about each other.

3) I did not leave 14 times. I left twice. I changed my mind and decided to stay forever. Maybe someone will convince Mr. Borock to get me kicked off this Forum and I know that some have tried, but I have not even got one day off these Boards involuntarily.

4) You missed me for a few seconds? You were not even around the first time I was here back in 2002, and I am unsure if you were here the 2nd time I left. But all of this is unimportant - I am only setting the record straight.

Viola

CAL

I'm certainly glad this thread isn't about pompous, self-centered windbags...otherwise one of them might have made a long-winded post in it.

...or two.

(thumbs u Wow, this thread so was amusing.

1) Sorry. ShoNuff I do NOT miss JC not one iota.

2) Please do not include me when you are attempting to speak for the entire CGC Forum Board Members - for you to include me missing JC was not only inaccurate to the extreme, is was inappropriate for you to take liberties for who I am on good terms with here on the Boards. JC and I did get along, but it was quite clear about how we felt about each other.

In the pm's we've exchanged about this, you've stated you wish JC would come back to the forums. You mentioned that he brings a much needed balance to the forums and that his input will be missed if he stays away. As far as I'm concerned, that means that you miss him and my first post in this thread stands correct as it was written.