• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Updated and re-arranged my CAF. Opinions wanted! Thanks!

20 posts in this topic

I spent most of my 4 day weekend re-arranging my CAF.

I thought it was too much trouble for people to look up a specific piece the way I had it (Each piece was under the title of the comic it came from, but the gallery only had a letter, so World's Finest would be under the "W" gallery.). I now have everything listed under the main artist with the inker, title and issue # after it. It took a very long time as I also added descriptions to each piece. So, any suggestions as how I can make it even better? Do you like it better than the old way? Or was it more fun to search to see what was hiding or not hiding under a specific letter gallery? Any typo's? Any help/suggestions are welcome, THANKS!

My updated CAF

You've got whole galleries devoted to one or two pieces - which is a lot of galleries to wade through (and most of the time I won't bother exploring such galleries unless it's something I particularly want to see) . . .

For myself, I group things together - such as:

COVERS Gallery # 1 (EC) (11 items)

COVERS Gallery # 2 (Marvel and DC) (12 items)

COVERS Gallery # 3 (Steve Ditko) (2 items)

COVERS Gallery # 4 (Charlton, Gold Key, etc) (15 items)

COVERS Gallery # 5 (Harvey) (18 items)

COVERS Gallery # 6 (DAN DARE - part a) (11 items)

COVERS Gallery # 7 (DAN DARE - part b) (10 items)

COVERS Gallery # 8 (Various) (11 items)

DR WHO Gallery (5 items)

FRANK BELLAMY Gallery (11 items)

FRANK FRAZETTA Gallery (2 iems)

MISCELLANEOUS Gallery (14 items)

MODESTY BLAISE Gallery (2 items)

NEWSPAPER Strips (8 items)

THE OUTER LIMITS Gallery (5 items)

WANTED! (3 items)

Keep it simple and concise.

I agree with Mister Trent. I'm not sure of the logic of 1 or 2 piece galleries. For myself, I'd rather see a screen of thumbnails in one main gallery for your main collection, then seperate ones for auction stuff, etc.

having said all that, your collection is awesome!

Steve,

I like the new method of organization. I could never find anything in your CAF before. However, I too am in the camp of less galleries with more content. For me, it is just overwhelming to go to someones CAF and have dozens rooms to check out. If I have to scroll to see all of the rooms, that's probably too many for me. Is there any way to consolidate some of th epieces together? For me it is easy since my collection is so bland, I mean "focused".

There's a beautiful collection hidden in there, it just needs a little "make-over"

Thanks everyone!

I am not sure how mine could be consolidated (it was before, but it was a nightmare), any suggestions would be welcome, though I might keep it this way for now.

Thanks for the compliments as well!

Steve,

I do like the CAF galleries that indicate the artist along with the character/ title.

To solve the problem of having only 1 piece per gallery, I would recommend collecting more examples!

Did you have a particular reason to collect more painted pieces instead of pen/ink art?

The two reasons why I would do it:

1. painted comic art is undervalued compared to B&W art.

2. painted art seems more like fine art

Best,

Rich

I like it much better now. To be honest your gallery was a nightmare to navigate before.

To be honest, it's not much better now. I much prefer larger groupings: Marvel covers, Marvel interior pages, DC covers, DC interiors, Indy covers, Indy interiors; throw in some main characters you collect: Iron Man, Wolverine; and then an artist or two if you own a handful of pages of his work. You can view 18 images with one click. Why, oh, why, must we navigate through 18 galleries instead of one?

I like it much better now. To be honest your gallery was a nightmare to navigate before.

To be honest, it's not much better now. I much prefer larger groupings: Marvel covers, Marvel interior pages, DC covers, DC interiors, Indy covers, Indy interiors; throw in some main characters you collect: Iron Man, Wolverine; and then an artist or two if you own a handful of pages of his work. You can view 18 images with one click. Why, oh, why, must we navigate through 18 galleries instead of one?

How do I do this? I do not collect a specifc character, I do not have panel pages, very little indy, and only one of each artist? If I break it up into splashes, trading card, specialty pieces and covers, it would go back to being a nightmare....

Steve,

I do like the CAF galleries that indicate the artist along with the character/ title.

To solve the problem of having only 1 piece per gallery, I would recommend collecting more examples!

Did you have a particular reason to collect more painted pieces instead of pen/ink art?

The two reasons why I would do it:

1. painted comic art is undervalued compared to B&W art.

2. painted art seems more like fine art

Best,

Rich

Truth to tell, they just POP. Still love B&W, just mixing it up. I am also moving towards more "iconic" pieces, the ones that really represent the character or storyline, they just seem to POP as well.