• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: AMAZON Buy 1 Get 1 Free Blu-Ray sale

90 posts in this topic

Maybe one day they will have this stupid HD-DVD and Blu-Ray thing worked out so I can get all the movies I want in one format. Until then I will just enjoy the movies available in HD DVD

hm

I hear you. Prices are really coming down now finally. Did you by chance see the new super monster SAMSUNG player that can play both HD & Blu-Ray?? Pre x-mas they were fetching like $799, but now are sold out everywhere.

Netflix has a decent selection of HD movies, so you dont have to worry about spending a bunch of money, unless you want brand new releases like the day they come out; -- you would have to buy them most likely.

Unfortunately, I think Blu-Ray is going to become the Betamax of high definition video. The PS3 is really what's keeping it alive.

Blu-Ray are much more expensive to manufacture than HD-DVD due to the cost of fabrication equipment and the poor yield percentage of usable discs. I think it's only a matter of time before the industry fully settles on HD-DVD, but ya might as well smoke 'em if ya got 'em. Sounds like a good deal on movies if you already have a player.

I got Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut plus Letters from Iwo Jima...$28 shipped for both. :headbang:

At some point, I'll actually get a PS3 so I can view them. meh

300 looks great on blu-ray ... I regret paying 24.99 now :(

Unfortunately, I think Blu-Ray is going to become the Betamax of high definition video. The PS3 is really what's keeping it alive.

Blu-Ray are much more expensive to manufacture than HD-DVD due to the cost of fabrication equipment and the poor yield percentage of usable discs. I think it's only a matter of time before the industry fully settles on HD-DVD, but ya might as well smoke 'em if ya got 'em. Sounds like a good deal on movies if you already have a player.

:news:

Hold that phone. Just announced today - APPLE is backing Blu-Ray and will be shipping MACs with BluRay drives :o

This is a fast way to make friends around here.

Thanks for the heads-up.

I just nailed "The Departed" and "Unforgiven"

for $23.

:headbang:

Nice one & thanks

:applause:

too bad, this is happening right after christmas

or I could easily drop a hundred there.

Oh well,

do you know any of the titles that have already sold out?

I am sure you will be seeing these on ebay shortly...

hm

This is a fast way to make friends around here.

Thanks for the heads-up.

I just nailed "The Departed" and "Unforgiven"

for $23.

:headbang:

Nice one & thanks

:applause:

too bad, this is happening right after christmas

or I could easily drop a hundred there.

Oh well,

do you know any of the titles that have already sold out?

I am sure you will be seeing these on ebay shortly...

hm

lol Very true.

They sold out of TROY, MR & MRS SMITH, CASTAWAY, HARRY POTTER's and about a page & 1/2 more of others at this point.