• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverive Evolution: Yet another collossal waste of talent

23 posts in this topic

NOTE: MINOR SPOILERS BELOW, BUT REALLY THIS COMIC IS ALREADY SPOILED.

You can add this to the list of worst comics ever, as far as I'm concerned. Simone Bianchi has to be the best, most exciting new comic artist I've seen this decade, and Jeph Loeb I have always found to be at least good.

But this is at least on par for horrible waste of talent with Superman: For Tomorrow

Beyond the fact that the story and writing were really dull and disjointed, the new added in revealtions about Wolverine's new super secret not so secret origin tying him to some stupid pre historic NON-MUTANT wildly_fanciful_statement actually make the whole even worse than the parts.

THEY ACTUALLY RUINED WOLVERINE.

At least they have Bianchi working with Ellis next. Ellis always delivers.

i agree that the story was kinda mediocre. it definately was not what I was expecting, that's for sure. the implications are that Wolverine is not just hundreds of years old, but thousands of years old, right?

I dropped Wolverine Origins from my pull list and Wolverine is very close to going...just unreadable stuff lately.

More than half the time Marvel has tried to reveal more of Wolverines past it is uber lame. I read Wolverine: Path of the Warlord last night. WOW. When it was released in 1996 it was touted as his earliest story to date. I pretty sure there was at least one other FB story that would've predated this and maybe X-Men 268 too. But it doesn't really matter. The art literally hurt my eye's, and I couldn't tell what I was supposed to be looking at in some panels. The story was almost as bad, as it involved interdimensional traveling. doh! More lecturing from characters telling Wolverine he needs to control his rage and not kill others. If anyone can tell me some stories where he isn't by himself and this doesn't happen please let me know. :wishluck:

I cant get into wolverine origins, ill buy the few issues out now with deadpool though. The current series I like it, wolverine being from some cat like race that evolved with humans but arent.... Ummm what ? I agree lame. Bringing out his past is no good, crazy drunk cigar smoking psycho.. Ill buy it.

The Deadpool crossover was not my favorite (at least the 1st issue). Felt way too silly.

Personally, I REALLY disliked the cat-like race storyline. And then bringing in Feral, Rahne, etc. Felt too much like the Spidey totem story (which I didn't care for either).

Pat