• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncle Russell's Golden Age Comics for sale on Ebay

4 posts in this topic

Well he wasn't my Uncle Russell but just read the Story below and be sure to check my auctions for the next 6-8 weeks starting tomorrow night.

Uncle Russell’s Comics

I’ve been put in charge of selling a small collection of just over 400 Golden Age comics. The lady who was in possession of the comics was given them after her Uncle Russell passed away within the last year.

Uncle Russell was also a sports enthusiast as was his wife Doris. They enjoyed baseball, football, hockey, bowling, golf, fishing and water skiing. They were both pilots and enjoyed flying somewhere just to have lunch or dinner. They owned their own plane so the gang at the airport were their friends and seemed like family to them. They never had any children (they didn’t have time).

Uncle Russell was quite the collector of many items. He collected plane kits, military tank kits, ship kits, puzzles, comics, records, DVDs, CDs, and HO and O gauge trains.

Born in 1928 in St Louis his collection started at an early age and continued until his passing as you can tell by the fact he collected DVD’s.

Titles in the comic collection include, Ace, Action, Blue Bolt, Captain Marvel Jr., Captain Midnight, Comics on Parade, Famous Funnies, Feature Book, Feature Comics, Fight, Four Color, Jumbo, King Comics, Looney Tunes, Magic, Mutt and Jeff, Popular , Super, Superman, Tip Top, Wings, Walt Disney’s Comics and Stories and various others. Some of the highlights are Phantom Lady #18, Marvel Mystery #58, Captain Midnight #1, Cap Marvel Jr. #13, 15 different Actions from 27-87, 8 different Superman’s 8-62, Detective #47, Four Color 6, 13, 62, 108, Funny Pages V3 #9, Stars and Stripes 3, Archie 6, Young Allies 5 and over 200 Comics and Stories starting at #9. Conditions vary from lower affordable grades to attractive mid-grades.

So please enjoy this collection of days past which I’ll be listing over the next several weeks. All auctions will be starting at .99 and no reserve. I’ll only be listing one day a week so any auctions you win on that day you can combine to save on shipping. Thanks Leroy