• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Avengers # 1

17 posts in this topic

Is that a bad case of dist spray?

The purple at the bottom. I dont know always wondered. Its not a spillage. It looks like ink.

excuse my ignorance - what is dist spray >?

Distributor's Spray.

They would spray a stack comcs along an edge a certain color code.

Does it affect the cover only or the pages along the edges too?

The purple at the bottom. I dont know always wondered. Its not a spillage. It looks like ink.

Distributor's Spray.

Just the cover!

Distributor's Spray.

Just the cover!

If it's a stain of some kind rather than dist spray that will hurt the grade some.

:P

I am not sure that it can be distributor's ink and not be on the side of the book. It would need to have been from a bundle that was not sprayed (top copy) but laid on the side of a bundle that had just been sprayed. But if it was the top copy in a bundle it would have indentations in the side of the book from twine. Very unlikely scenario.

Dennis

I am not sure that it can be distributor's ink and not be on the side of the book. It would need to have been from a bundle that was not sprayed (top copy) but laid on the side of a bundle that had just been sprayed. But if it was the top copy in a bundle it would have indentations in the side of the book from twine. Very unlikely scenario.

Dennis

Will try to scan the side. It would be good for me to know I guess. thanks for bringing it to my attention all. Stand by for scan.

Dennis

Will try to scan the side. It would be good for me to know I guess. thanks for bringing it to my attention all. Stand by for scan.

Here you go- I think it IS the dist spray you speak of - If when you were saying 'side' you meant the bottom of the comic - then there is a tiny layer of purple ink on he bottom as you can see from this middle-ish page scan.

Does that mean I stay at 4.5?

scan0009.jpg

I'd definitely go 4.5 without the stain. i would think that even dist ink would drag it further down based on the amount and impact on the FC. and considering the size of the stain and color, i'd be afraid how far down it would go if it were juice or something.

so i'll split the difference and call it a very nice looking 3.5............