• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008 GRADING CONTEST: ROUND 11

180 posts in this topic

I'm almost thinking it would have been better to sit this one out and take the safe zero. Still, I'm no quitter.

^^

It's rounds like this that can cause big swings in the standings. If you're on a lower position this is s great chance to make up some ground. Besides, not sending a grade in order to intentionally get a zero score is chickens%$t.

I'm almost thinking it would have been better to sit this one out and take the safe zero. Still, I'm no quitter.

^^

It's rounds like this that can cause big swings in the standings. If you're on a lower position this is s great chance to make up some ground. Besides, not sending a grade in order to intentionally get a zero score is chickens%$t.

Seems strange to me that anyone would enter a grading contest and then ... purposefully ... not grade a book hm

Maybe I'm not taking this seriously enough, but I looked at it more like playing Wii baseball with my 7-year-old than betting on the World Series. lol

Neither do I lol

:o

Not the kind of thing I like to hear when the symmetry of my score is demanding a -2 this round... :tonofbricks:

Have I :censored: with your minds yet in this round?

Am I just blowing smoke or are there going to be alot of negatives scores?

Stay tuned :banana:

getoutofmymind.jpg

^^

It's rounds like this that can cause big swings in the standings. If you're on a lower position this is s great chance to make up some ground.

That is exactly what I am hoping will happen. I went opposite of what I thought it to be in hopes that I might make up some ground if my grade was correct,and in the minority. Kinda like picking a long shot in football simply because going with the popular(correct) pick will only keep you right where you are, well behind those ahead.

Then again I might just get negative points because I was so totally wrong. Oh the drama, make it stop!!

Nice book Nik, ya bastaige. :P

Kinda like picking a long shot in football simply because going with the popular(correct) pick will only keep you right where you are, well behind those ahead.

Call me crazy, but hasn't the "popular" pick proven to be the correct grade in 8 of 10 rounds? :baiting:

The knack to winning is identifying just that. :grin:

Kinda like picking a long shot in football simply because going with the popular(correct) pick will only keep you right where you are, well behind those ahead.

Call me crazy, but hasn't the "popular" pick proven to be the correct grade in 8 of 10 rounds? :baiting:

The knack to winning is identifying just that. :grin:

Exactly, so my only chance is to hope they are wrong(in general) and I am right.

Cause I can match them pick for pick till the end and stay exactly in the same spot. But since I cant seem to ever guess the right pick, basically I am screwed either way, just here having fun till the end.

Ze-

Some Stats

Through 10 rounds and half the contest...

41 players are averaging 3 points per round or higher out of 145 original contestants. That's 28.3% percent of all players. These players are averaging being off the actual grade by exactly one grade higher or lower.

There are more people at 30 points (3 per round) than at any other score. (14 players)

#72-#73 (the exact middle of the player pool) is at 24 points or averaging 2.4 points per round out of 5.

I have a feeling this round has killed me

and no I'm not going to change my grade. I always stick with my initial gut instincts

I sweating it out too...