• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Comics #1 Oct. Issue!

116 posts in this topic

Really too bad about that big color pull on the guy's pants on the lower part of the cover. Still a nice low grade copy that is WAAAAAAAY out of my league!!

well ryan, you can sell me some of your beauts, then you could buy this one :baiting:

The chances that the rest of the pages have slightly brittle edges is high. They just haven't been handled as much as the first few. I would say they are fragile at the least. There's a good reason why brittle pages are the kiss of death.

Wow, I had a couple hours this morning to try and get caught up on the boards and actually wasted a good portion of it just reading that auction description and feedback rants.

I, too, got caught up in reading the rants. But about the time I read her 28th aspersion on somebody's "manhood" I couldn't help getting a chubby as I imagined her to be a woman whose needs are simply not being met and, as I wondered whether meeting those needs could net some talented guy a copy of Marvel 1...

Really too bad about that big color pull on the guy's pants on the lower part of the cover. Still a nice low grade copy that is WAAAAAAAY out of my league!!

well ryan, you can sell me some of your beauts, then you could buy this one :baiting:

OR... big "or" here ... YOU could buy this copy, and I PROMISE to buy it from you in approximately 15 years!! or time payments... $166.60 per month for 15 years ... think about it. hm

Of course I'd be over at your place on a monthly basis to look at it. And by the time it was mine, ALL the pages would be brittle ...

OK, forget about it ... doh!

How much is a .5 copy of Marvel 1 worth?

about $11,500-$12,000

Of course that depends on what makes it a .5

Is it a .5 because it's coverless? Or is it one of those point fives that is complete and just beat up? (BIG difference in presentability, desirability and value; zero difference in CGC grade)

How much is a .5 copy of Marvel 1 worth?

about $11,500-$12,000

Of course that depends on what makes it a .5

Is it a .5 because it's coverless? Or is it one of those point fives that is complete and just beat up? (BIG difference in presentability, desirability and value; zero difference in CGC grade)

Beat but complete for sure, at least for me (thumbs u . Coverless books dont appeal to me, not even Action 1 (shrug) .

Well, if I had the $, I'd probably throw down an offer on this book. Rick is right about the book only having a couple of pages brittle and the rest of the pages fine. I also agree that CGC should state how many (if not all) pages are brittle so the buyer knows what is at stake. Having all pages brittled makes a huge difference as to having a page brittled.

I also read that this copy was from a bound volume, which I thought all books that came from a bound volume would be trimmed. This book has no designation of trimming. I guess it's possible for bound books to not have trimming at all? Or could it be from a certain year?

Well, if I had the $, I'd probably throw down an offer on this book. Rick is right about the book only having a couple of pages brittle and the rest of the pages fine. I also agree that CGC should state how many (if not all) pages are brittle so the buyer knows what is at stake. Having all pages brittled makes a huge difference as to having a page brittled.

I also read that this copy was from a bound volume, which I thought all books that came from a bound volume would be trimmed. This book has no designation of trimming. I guess it's possible for bound books to not have trimming at all? Or could it be from a certain year?

depends on who bound it, and whether the pages extended past the cover or not....