• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Comics #1 Oct. Issue!

116 posts in this topic

How much is a .5 copy of Marvel 1 worth?

about $11,500-$12,000

Of course that depends on what makes it a .5

Is it a .5 because it's coverless? Or is it one of those point fives that is complete and just beat up? (BIG difference in presentability, desirability and value; zero difference in CGC grade)

I know of a back cover less copy that sold for between 11500 and 12K recently

if someone wants to pay me 10% a year on the money, I can finance it for you :devil:

oh yeah, comounded weekly lol

1% - 5 years :wishluck:
:bump:

sorry, I Think 1% weekly for 5 years is a bit excessive....I am willing to go 10% per annum, and I hold the "deed", with 10% down

if someone wants to pay me 10% a year on the money, I can finance it for you :devil:

oh yeah, comounded weekly lol

1% - 5 years :wishluck:
:bump:

sorry, I Think 1% weekly for 5 years is a bit excessive....I am willing to go 10% per annum, and I hold the "deed", with 10% down

lol:jokealert:

I love the part where he says he will not acccept bank checks made out for more than $9000. He would only take multiple bank checks, each not to exceed $9000. Hmmm, if you ask me looks like he is trying to avoid paying taxes.

I love the part where he says he will not acccept bank checks made out for more than $9000. He would only take multiple bank checks, each not to exceed $9000. Hmmm, if you ask me looks like he is trying to avoid paying taxes.

Just 1099 him after the fact, then if he doesn't report it, screwed!!!

I think that's the longest auction description I've ever read.

....well, if you click on all the hidden auction info, you can find all sorts of little gems.......check out this one about me :acclaim:

( you have to scroll about 1/2 way down )

http://members.cox.net/popscomics/biddernote.htm

I didn't even know it was there until Esquirecomics brought it to my attention last year. It is nice to be loved and appreciated :luhv:

"his is a spineless Snake Oil Salesman ...a Used Car Salesman ....a HYPOCRITE without a man’s bone in his useless body! A Coward! Showcase-4, you have AN INVITATION FROM ME – Tina – a WOMAN – I would like to hear your story in person and tell you – PERSONALLY – exactly what I think of you. I promise to treat you the way I’d treat any other woman who presents herself as you have done."

:insane:

about $11,500-$12,000

Is it a .5 because it's coverless? Or is it one of those point fives that is complete and just beat up? (BIG difference in presentability, desirability and value; zero difference in CGC grade)

I assume you mean it had the front cover. If that makes it a .5 then it illustrates the point, which is that grading should not make low grades so indistinguishable that coverless is equated with simply beat up, and there is no difference in grade when one has a front cover and another doesn't, etc etc. It gets especially absurd when you're dealing with the likes of a marvel 1 and there's no distinction between vastly different copies, yet there is obsessive distinction made between two high grade but brand new copies of something like a "marvel unlimited UPC variant" printed last week.

according to you how much is the value of this comics ? how much is a fair offert on this copy?

In my opinion, this is a pretty fair price for it, with the provanance and overall quality and lack of "work" done to it. The page quality is an issue, but it appears to be only a small portion of the book. I think its in the ball park.

Paul

Well, if I had the $, I'd probably throw down an offer on this book. Rick is right about the book only having a couple of pages brittle and the rest of the pages fine. I also agree that CGC should state how many (if not all) pages are brittle so the buyer knows what is at stake. Having all pages brittled makes a huge difference as to having a page brittled.

I also read that this copy was from a bound volume, which I thought all books that came from a bound volume would be trimmed. This book has no designation of trimming. I guess it's possible for bound books to not have trimming at all? Or could it be from a certain year?

depends on who bound it, and whether the pages extended past the cover or not....

I have Daredevil (SA) 1-94 in bound volumes. 1-11 were not trimmed before being bound.

Effect of not trimming the issues is that the uneveness between issues causes greater page wear at the edges.

about $11,500-$12,000

I assume you mean it had the front cover. If that makes it a .5 then it illustrates the point, which is that grading should not make low grades so indistinguishable that coverless is equated with simply beat up, and there is no difference in grade when one has a front cover and another doesn't, etc etc. It gets especially absurd when you're dealing with the likes of a marvel 1 and there's no distinction between vastly different copies, yet there is obsessive distinction made between two high grade but brand new copies of something like a "marvel unlimited UPC variant" printed last week.

yep, front cover...

about $11,500-$12,000

Who owns it Rick? I'd be interested :whistle:

Yah, cuz isn't it that banks have to report all checks cashed for $10K+ to the IRS? hm

Well, if I had the $, I'd probably throw down an offer on this book. Rick is right about the book only having a couple of pages brittle and the rest of the pages fine. I also agree that CGC should state how many (if not all) pages are brittle so the buyer knows what is at stake. Having all pages brittled makes a huge difference as to having a page brittled.

I also read that this copy was from a bound volume, which I thought all books that came from a bound volume would be trimmed. This book has no designation of trimming. I guess it's possible for bound books to not have trimming at all? Or could it be from a certain year?

Yah B. Most bound books have trim jobs, but not all. The Bat 1 I once owned was from a bound volume but not trimmed...

Marvel Comics #1

What do you guys think?

Well, since the seller speaks negatively about me in the "click here for a note to all sincere bidders" section of their insanely long and suspicious auction disclaimer, here's what I think of the seller:

as usual, they know everything and CGC is wrong (this is sarcasm).......the book doesn't have brittle pages like CGC said.....good thing we have Popscomics to correct CGC on their faulty PQ assessment. Next...and this is a classic....CGC notes the staples are replaced, but Pops claims that is not correct, since staples were added after removal from a bound volume when the book had no staples....so that makes the staples that were added "original staples"....give me a break!

What a bunch of smoke and mirrors, deceptive jerks these guys are....unbelievable!

They actually think their buyers are a bunch of complaining , and CGC has no idea what they're doing........I am speechless

aside from that...cool book

about $11,500-$12,000

Who owns it Rick? I'd be interested :whistle:

I don't think it is for sale...

Yah, cuz isn't it that banks have to report all checks cashed for $10K+ to the IRS? hm

actually, banks and credit unions have a form that has to be filled out on cash deposits totalling $10K and more, that is reported to the IRS (more to do with money laundering issues)...but checks are not reported to the IRS, whether $1 or $10,000, etc

it is more likely an issue that many have, of a bank holding a check, whether certified or not, for extended periods of time if over a certain amount...in other words, if you send me a check for $10K, my CU will hold for 5 additional days, where as a $9,999 check they release to my account immediately, etc

rick

actually, banks and credit unions have a form that has to be filled out on cash deposits totalling $10K and more, that is reported to the IRS (more to do with money laundering issues)...but checks are not reported to the IRS, whether $1 or $10,000, etc

it is more likely an issue that many have, of a bank holding a check, whether certified or not, for extended periods of time if over a certain amount...in other words, if you send me a check for $10K, my CU will hold for 5 additional days, where as a $9,999 check they release to my account immediately, etc

rick

YOU make sense, unfortunately, nothing I have seen from those people in the past 7 or 8 years has made much sense, so who knows what is going through their minds? I'd feel pretty confident that they THINK they'd be avoiding taxes.

I saw that auction listing, the name of the comic, thought, WOW, saw the seller, and moved on.

As someone who has owned lots of low grade copies of books, I noticed she didn't show the centerfold. I have many books that have whitish pages, but the spines are fragile, not sure why that happens, but you can usually see at the centerfold, the cover looks a little suspicious, I'd want a picture of the spine...and the upper left top, it's one thing in a $200 rare book, but in a $30,000 book, it would worry me, but if someone does make an offer, good luck...

She scares me...and not all that many people do, . Her mother, was just a completely insulting wacko, who I would never bother with again, not even for a bargain, I still remember talking to her from 8 years ago, and there have been thousands of phone calls I've forgotten since then.