• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kinda OT: Counterfeit NGC Slabs...

11 posts in this topic

Interesting!

This is the best reason for using the registry to register your slabs. It's the best protection against fraud. Each certification number can only be owned by one person at any time, which will quickly cause fakes to come to light if they exist.

I love how the hologram has misspellings in it. How could you put so much effort into copying everything so precisely, and yet screw up the obvious things.

Staggering combination of good technical resources with breathtaking stupidity lol

I feel stupid if a let a message board post go through with a typo.

EDIT: Spot the *ahem* deliberate typo doh!

Interesting!

This is the best reason for using the registry to register your slabs. It's the best protection against fraud. Each certification number can only be owned by one person at any time, which will quickly cause fakes to come to light if they exist.

This would be a great idea but for one thing. You can't currently add single comics that don't have a registry set created for them. Believe there are plenty of them.

Hell, the font on the actual label is different.

Thank God that criminals are a generally stupid - and I do mean "stupid" - lot, not to mention superstitious and cowardly to quote someone famous

Interesting!

This would be a great idea but for one thing. You can't currently add single comics that don't have a registry set created for them. Believe there are plenty of them.

and you are assuming that the owner of the counterfeit slab also tries to enter it into the registry.

I love how the hologram has misspellings in it. How could you put so much effort into copying everything so precisely, and yet screw up the obvious things.

Staggering combination of good technical resources with breathtaking stupidity lol

I feel stupid if a let a message board post go through with a typo.

EDIT: Spot the *ahem* deliberate typo doh! [/quote]

:signfunny:

Interesting!

and you are assuming that the owner of the counterfeit slab also tries to enter it into the registry.

I know of one uk owner with a very high grade spider-man cgc collection including many of the highest grade copies, and he views the registry as 'waste of time' and can't be bothered with it.

I also know of one person who has sold off almost his entire collection, yet all the items he's sold off are still in his registry set.