• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tec 400 auction: I wish all eBay sellers were this honest!

11 posts in this topic

Sent a question to the seller on this Tec 400 auction asking for larger front and back pics and more information on the condition of the comic:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180202592209&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

Just received his reply:

"Hello,

I do not think you should bid, because you will not be happy with this item. Thanks,

Frank "

Well, at least he was honest! lol

Sent a question to the seller on this Tec 400 auction asking for larger front and back pics and more information on the condition of the comic:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180202592209&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

Just received his reply:

"Hello,

I do not think you should bid, because you will not be happy with this item. Thanks,

Frank "

Well, at least he was honest! lol

lol

That is seriously hilarious.

A lot of CGC haters will state this because they don't want the hassle of selling to a hi grade collector.

R.

A lot of CGC haters will state this because they don't want the hassle of selling to a hi grade collector.

R.

I don't consider myself a "high grade" collector, but I am an "I like to buy accurately graded books regardless of their condition" collector. I think it's the later that some people don't like (or at least the s%$tbag running this auction). (thumbs u

R.

Yep... I've received replies like that on more than one occasion.

And should have on several more... :tonofbricks:

well, the auction says "fair to good" as the condition, which, unless it is missing the back cover and/or some pages, is probably accurate, even with some tape.

i understand not wanting the hassle of scanning the back too, although for a $12.00 book I'd do it. I just don't want to be bothered with a $3 item in my store where I would have made a mention of it if the back was much worse than the front.

I thought the pic looked much better than the official version of Fair to Good so that's why I wanted more pics and details as the guy didn't seem like he knew much about comics and sometimes Fair to Good to a non-collector is much better than it is to us. That being said...I'm really glad he replied the way he did. Looking closely at his feedback and recent auctions, I see that he has sold comics before...and all said in the description that they were from "his personal collection". But for this auction, he switched to "his DAD's personal collection" meh

I wonder if eventually he'll move up to the much more coveted Grandpa collection, and then...the holy grail...the "found in an attic collection" :insane:

Bottom line, he is clearly a but is smart enough to realize that if the comic is a piece of dung, a collector like me who is looking for a nice copy won't be happy. Hilarious reply, but I'm happy he didn't waste my time any further. (thumbs u