• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Marvel Villain Survivor Series - SPECIAL RUN-OFF VOTE

SPECIAL MARVEL VILLAIN SURVIVOR SERIES RUN-OFF  

198 members have voted

1. 1. SPECIAL MARVEL VILLAIN SURVIVOR SERIES RUN-OFF

21 posts in this topic

Round 10 found the Dread Dormamu easily the top vote-getter for being kicked off the list. But, by the Hoary Hosts of Hogarth, we have a 3 way tie for the 2nd spot. While the easy route would be to kick the three contestants off at once, there is no way of telling whether that would actually be the case if we played it out. Perhaps the Dread Dormamu votes would drift towards another villain and not these 3.

So, since possible seeding in the future could come into play, we'll have a 3 Way Villain Run-Off vote between Annihilus, Kang & Rhino.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE OF THESE 3. This will go until tomorrow night around 8:00 pm Eastern time. Then we will resume Round 11 with a group of 26 villains and our normal voting procedures. (Whew. :blahblah: )

I changed my vote to Annihilus instead of Rhino for this. The bug guy looks cool but it's time. I think he's getting a little more play due to the recent Marvel mini-series, just as Super-Skrull is.

Annihilus. Always been a stupid villain.

Kang is cool because time travel stories are always cool. Plus the stories involving him in the Avengers were always excellent, particularly those issues in the 20s.

Rhino, well, he just rocks.

For what ever reason, I have always hated time travel stories. I never liked them in comics and I never liked them in Star Trek either.

Furthermore, didn't Kang have about five or ten aliases such as Rama Tut and so on?

For what ever reason, I have always hated time travel stories. I never liked them in comics and I never liked them in Star Trek either.

Furthermore, didn't Kang have about five or ten aliases such as Rama Tut and so on?

Star Trek 4?!? Great movie.

But I agree that "time travel" stories are over-used and under-thought most of the time. Kind of like the "alternate timeline" schtick that Marvel loves to use ad nauseum. All it took was the excellent X-Men "Days Of Future Past" and the genie was out of the bottle.

Annihilus. Always been a stupid villain.

Kang is cool because time travel stories are always cool. Plus the stories involving him in the Avengers were always excellent, particularly those issues in the 20s.

Rhino, well, he just rocks.

Onomatopoeia trumps time travel. Being able to go back and forth through time whenever it strikes your fancy is a cool skill, but having a name that can also substitute for the sound of a guy getting whacked in the head with a frying pan renders the cool factor moot

:sumo:

I changed my vote to Annihilus instead of Rhino for this. The bug guy looks cool but it's time. I think he's getting a little more play due to the recent Marvel mini-series, just as Super-Skrull is.

I did the same thing. You have to give credit to Rhino for being so resilient!

Oh yeah? How about parallel universe stories, huh?

Try and dis "Mirror, Mirror."

Go on, I dare ya! :sumo:

Rick

The original series "Mirror, Mirror" was awesome. Sadly, DS9 went to that well and ruined it.

Oh yeah? How about parallel universe stories, huh?

Try and dis "Mirror, Mirror."

Go on, I dare ya! :sumo:

Rick

The original series "Mirror, Mirror" was awesome. Sadly, DS9 went to that well and ruined it.

Yes, they did. :(