• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Contest Results: ROUND 11

66 posts in this topic

More Odd Stats

The player who has traversed the greatest distance from Round 1 to their current Place in Round 11: PARK who has moved up 106 places from 117th to 11th.

The player who has dropped the farthest through 11 Rounds (without disqualifying) is xsmanx who dropped from 1st place to 112th place.

Also, I updated the format again to show even more information:

Round11a.gif

The darker green boxes indicate Bullseye hits where the player guessed the exact CGC grade. This also instantly shows runs of exact hits and which player is "hot." (Toro, Warlord, and GoonChild are smoking...)

Along the bottom, I show the number of exact hits per round which may or may not match the figures given at the top by Nik (since some players will second guess themselves and change their grades.)

I also show the total percentage of players (for the current round and excluding those that are disqualified) who were one grade off.

This shows which rounds were "easier" and which rounds were "tougher."

Round 4 and Round 11 were the toughest, while Round 5 and Round 10 were the "easiest" for the players still in the game. You can actually see this visually as well by the color coding.

Warlord is the only player to get an exact match on the two toughest rounds.

Totally missed that round! Was gonna go 8.0... oh well, I am not in the running at all, but it is fun!

Thanks once again for putting this on. Also, thanks to Sckao and Silvers for working the stats!

Good job boys!

(thumbs u

Totally missed that round! Was gonna go 8.0... oh well, I am not in the running at all, but it is fun!

Thanks once again for putting this on. Also, thanks to Sckao and Silvers for working the stats!

Good job boys!

(thumbs u

Sorry about spelling your name wrong... That's how it's spelled in Nik's spreadsheet.

Good job boys!

(thumbs u

Sorry about spelling your name wrong... That's how it's spelled in Nik's spreadsheet.

I'll let it slide :baiting:

Keep up the good work!

:hi:

that debris which I thought was a tear was an outstanding diversion as it made my eyes constantly go to it instead of seeing the small stain.

Aces has become the lone uncontested leader in terms of consistency.

Hurray!

I'm due for a 5 next round! :cloud9:

3 3 5 ___ 3 3 5 ___ 3 3 5 ___ 3 3 ?

Well, I first thought it might be a PLOD 7.0. My thinking was the top might have been trimmed. But my 2nd guess was a straight 8.0. Either way, I would be sitting at the 3 points I got. Well, at least I've been somewhat consistent.

Looks like Karma & I sit at our number alone.

A bunch of ticks going down the spine. A couple of chips/tears as well as creases on the spine.

The heavy crinkle/s in the back cover on the right side going into the green. Two half inch indent impressions in the green near the crinkles.

Just enough bunch of defects as wellas a tiny stain in the word Stop to warrant this grade.

I actually had this book graded as a FN/VF on my notes when I sent it in for the contest.

I missed most of these defects. Chips and tears on the spine? I counted 5 marks, two of which looked like more than stress lines but still pretty small. Didn't see the indents or stain. Oh well, on to round twelve!

I nail it and I still can't shake that BlackWolvie!!!

I'm hopin' that's a spelling thing . . . :baiting:lol

Thanks for catching that,,,, umm sorry BlackWolvie! I really am trying to make some distance between us, not what I wrote with my dyslexic spelling.

Also, I updated the format again to show even more information

Now all you need to do is color-code the over-grades vs. the under-grades! :baiting:

By the way, I just want everyone to know that ONLY NIK knows your guesses. I can extrapolate some of the guesses by the score, but Silvers and I only get the results and not the RAW SCORES.

Good luck! (thumbs u