• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-man Set..Who and How many?

92 posts in this topic

It seems like there are alot of people working on putting together sets of Amazing Spider-Man right now. I am also working on one. Just wanted to know how many are working on it and how many issues you have left to get. I am down to 45 issues for my set. I am sure we all need some of the same issues. :cry:

Well done :applause:

Giving my ASM set some much need attention is one of my new years resolutions. I have a bunch of different gaps. I think I am going to try to focus in on the #50 - #150 range. I still am undecided on condition theme. Everything I do have right now is raw and obviously the newer stuff like post 1985ish is in pretty great condition.

What kind of rules or parameters are you using?

I'm at it too. Aiming for 1-100. I have to downsize my collection so I'm looking to concentrate the value, as it were. To this end I've been selling off a lot of my copper stuff, and am now slabbing and selling some of the better copper and bronze, all the while buying up raw silver :)

I'm not a rich man, so earlier issues will tend towards 'good', while later issues might reach as high as VF.

So far I got:

17, 22, 25, 27, 37, 49, 51, 53, 54, 55, 57, 58, 59, 63, 64, 65, 68, 69, 71, 72, 81

Quite a ways to go, but I'm enjoying it so don't really need it to end any time soon.

I'm working on Conan 1-24 too, and of course I still get side-tracked into other purchases.

I now have 48 issues to go before having a complete collection of Amazing Spider-man (have every issue from #68-545). There are about 20-25 issues I need to replace since they either have a british price box or I have only found them with a barcode box instead of picture box.

Giving my ASM set some much need attention is one of my new years resolutions. I have a bunch of different gaps. I think I am going to try to focus in on the #50 - #150 range. I still am undecided on condition theme. Everything I do have right now is raw and obviously the newer stuff like post 1985ish is in pretty great condition.

How many issues do you need for the #50-150 run? (thumbs u

It seems like there are alot of people working on putting together sets of Amazing Spider-Man right now. I am also working on one. Just wanted to know how many are working on it and how many issues you have left to get. I am down to 45 issues for my set. I am sure we all need some of the same issues. :cry:

This must be one of the most common sets to work on!

I'm lacking only 5 issues from 18 to 119, but I only collect lower priced copies, which doesn't necessarily mean low grade above about 100. A big chunk of the run is original owner, directly off the rack.

I'll get lucky or satisfy myself with reprints from 1 to 17.

Jack

How many issues do you need for the #50-150 run? (thumbs u

A whole bunch. I have yet to make up an exact grocery list :popcorn:

I'm working on ASM 1-328 broken down into 3 sets: 1-100, 101-200, and 201-328. Without rescrubbing the database, I'd say I'm about 20 short of completing my 1-100 set, and 40 issues short of completing my last two sets. The reason for stopping at 328 is this was Todd McFarlane's last issue. And frankly, there's other stuff I want to focus on once this is completed.

I'm working on ASM 1-328 broken down into 3 sets: 1-100, 101-200, and 201-328. Without rescrubbing the database, I'd say I'm about 20 short of completing my 1-100 set, and 40 issues short of completing my last two sets. The reason for stopping at 328 is this was Todd McFarlane's last issue. And frankly, there's other stuff I want to focus on once this is completed.

Slabbed or Raw or mixed ??

I just need 2-4 to finish my 1 to present run. Yes, I am still reading after the whole JQ/JMS debacle. I am also still looking for a nicely presenting mid grade Strange Tales Annual 2 and an Annual 1.

Here's my Ditko run so far:

th_ASM1FC.jpg

th_ASM5.jpgth_ASM6FC.jpgth_asm7cgc5.jpgth_ASM8.jpg

th_ASM9FC.jpgth_ASM10.jpg th_ASM11FC.jpgth_ASM12FC.jpg

th_ASM13.jpgth_ASM14FC.jpgth_ASM15.jpgth_ASM16.jpg

th_ASM17.jpgth_ASM18.jpgth_ASM19.jpgth_ASM20.jpg

th_ASM21.jpgth_ASM22FC.jpgth_ASM23FC.jpgth_ASM24FC.jpg

th_ASM25FC.jpgth_ASM26.jpgth_ASM27.jpgth_ASM28FC.jpg

th_ASM29.jpgth_ASM30.jpgth_ASM31.jpgth_ASM32FC.jpg

th_ASM33FC.jpgth_ASM34.jpgth_ASM35.jpgth_ASM36.jpg

th_ASM37.jpg th_ASM38FC.jpg

A complete ASM run is my goal.

Where I stand:

400-544 - missing about 5 issues (boycotting post-OMD issues)

300-399 - complete with wayyyy too many duplicates

200-299 complete with 60% of this run slabbed in CGC 9.6 or 9.8 :grin:

100-199 missing about 20 issues..still deciding on minimum condition for this run

50-99 need about 25 issues...trying for VF or better

Prior to 50 I have only a #9 in VG+. Lots of fun collecting to go. (thumbs u