• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-man Set..Who and How many?

92 posts in this topic

It seems like there are alot of people working on putting together sets of Amazing Spider-Man right now. I am also working on one. Just wanted to know how many are working on it and how many issues you have left to get. I am down to 45 issues for my set. I am sure we all need some of the same issues. :cry:

I have 1-129...about 111 of them CGC 9.0+ Constantly churning and upgrading...goal is for 1-129 in CGC 9.0 or better...thus I am happy to consider PLOD 9.0 for issues 1-20 (I'm on a self-imposed budget...)

However, as of late, I'm recently thinking to perhaps cull down to 1-50 and retain keys/favorites above 50 which would be perhaps 90, 96-98, 100, 101, 121, 122 & 129...if I ever decide to unload I'll offer here first...

Sorry our potential transaction didn't work out Bronze Age...if I have anything in near future I'll let you know...

It seems like there are alot of people working on putting together sets of Amazing Spider-Man right now. I am also working on one. Just wanted to know how many are working on it and how many issues you have left to get. I am down to 45 issues for my set. I am sure we all need some of the same issues. :cry:

I have 1-129...about 111 of them CGC 9.0+ Constantly churning and upgrading...goal is for 1-129 in CGC 9.0 or better...thus I am happy to consider PLOD 9.0 for issues 1-20 (I'm on a self-imposed budget...)

However, as of late, I'm recently thinking to perhaps cull down to 1-50 and retain keys/favorites above 50 which would be perhaps 90, 96-98, 100, 101, 121, 122 & 129...if I ever decide to unload I'll offer here first...

Sorry our potential transaction didn't work out Bronze Age...if I have anything in near future I'll let you know...

Wow...Very nice and expensive goal you have there!!! CGC 9.0 or better??? CRAZY!!! You have any in the first 10 in CGC 9.0...Please post some pictures!!! I would love tro see them!!! No hard feeling about the comics!!! That what happens when you make offers. Sometimes they dont work out. I really wanted those comics too!!! Would have been really sweet to cross off 10 out of 45. :cloud9: I am glad you got what you wanted for them!!! (thumbs u

I just need 2-4 to finish my 1 to present run. Yes, I am still reading after the whole JQ/JMS debacle. I am also still looking for a nicely presenting mid grade Strange Tales Annual 2 and an Annual 1.

Here's my Ditko run so far:

th_ASM1FC.jpg

th_ASM5.jpgth_ASM6FC.jpgth_asm7cgc5.jpgth_ASM8.jpg

th_ASM9FC.jpgth_ASM10.jpg th_ASM11FC.jpgth_ASM12FC.jpg

th_ASM13.jpgth_ASM14FC.jpgth_ASM15.jpgth_ASM16.jpg

th_ASM17.jpgth_ASM18.jpgth_ASM19.jpgth_ASM20.jpg

th_ASM21.jpgth_ASM22FC.jpgth_ASM23FC.jpgth_ASM24FC.jpg

th_ASM25FC.jpgth_ASM26.jpgth_ASM27.jpgth_ASM28FC.jpg

th_ASM29.jpgth_ASM30.jpgth_ASM31.jpgth_ASM32FC.jpg

th_ASM33FC.jpgth_ASM34.jpgth_ASM35.jpgth_ASM36.jpg

th_ASM37.jpg th_ASM38FC.jpg

Nice run!!! Seems like alot of us need 2 3 and 4. I guess everyone buys the #1 first. hm

I just need 2-4 to finish my 1 to present run. Yes, I am still reading after the whole JQ/JMS debacle. I am also still looking for a nicely presenting mid grade Strange Tales Annual 2 and an Annual 1.

Here's my Ditko run so far:

th_ASM1FC.jpg

th_ASM5.jpgth_ASM6FC.jpgth_asm7cgc5.jpgth_ASM8.jpg

th_ASM9FC.jpgth_ASM10.jpg th_ASM11FC.jpgth_ASM12FC.jpg

th_ASM13.jpgth_ASM14FC.jpgth_ASM15.jpgth_ASM16.jpg

th_ASM17.jpgth_ASM18.jpgth_ASM19.jpgth_ASM20.jpg

th_ASM21.jpgth_ASM22FC.jpgth_ASM23FC.jpgth_ASM24FC.jpg

th_ASM25FC.jpgth_ASM26.jpgth_ASM27.jpgth_ASM28FC.jpg

th_ASM29.jpgth_ASM30.jpgth_ASM31.jpgth_ASM32FC.jpg

th_ASM33FC.jpgth_ASM34.jpgth_ASM35.jpgth_ASM36.jpg

th_ASM37.jpg th_ASM38FC.jpg

Nice run!!! Seems like alot of us need 2 3 and 4. I guess everyone buys the #1 first. hm

Its all right the first ASM i have purchased is the number 1 and the AF15

That is a cool picture!!! What are the grades on some of those bad boys?

Thanks.

Believe it or not all of these have recreated covers (inside and out) made by me but the interiors and staples are all original.

I bought them all with missing covers or with covers in seriously bad condition. The only one I am not 100% satisfied with is the #20 as the interior had some significant spine roll...

I may have to find another one hm

I can do about any GoldenAge/SilverAge cover. Check out my sig below.

That is a cool picture!!! What are the grades on some of those bad boys?

Thanks.

Believe it or not all of these have recreated covers (inside and out) made by me but the interiors and staples are all original.

I bought them all with missing covers or with covers in seriously bad condition. The only one I am not 100% satisfied with is the #20 as the interior had some significant spine roll...

I may have to find another one hm

I can do about any GoldenAge/SilverAge cover. Check out my sig below.

Oh, Thats pretty interesting. Some of those comics looked really sweet. Recreated covers hm I bet the run is costing you no where near the price if the comics had covers. What does a coverless AF #15 go for? (shrug) I also see you buying alot of other Marvels. What other sets are you working on?

I collect almost exclusively raw comics. ASM #1 will be coming in slabbed and I think I am going to leave it this way for conservation purposes. The average grade on my SA comics (and this might surprise many of you) is around 3.0 G/VG. Obviously, the grades go lower with the issue #s.

Here is how it looked before:

jeffsaf15fc.jpg

It had a detached cover already, but the outer wrap and centerfold staples were still tight.

I still have the cover and am thinking about selling it to somebody who has a coverless copy and would rather have an original cover in rough shape rather than a recreated one...

Wow...Very nice and expensive goal you have there!!! CGC 9.0 or better??? CRAZY!!! You have any in the first 10 in CGC 9.0...Please post some pictures!!! I would love tro see them!!! No hard feeling about the comics!!! That what happens when you make offers. Sometimes they dont work out. I really wanted those comics too!!! Would have been really sweet to cross off 10 out of 45. :cloud9: I am glad you got what you wanted for them!!! (thumbs u

Unfortunately I don't have any of 1-10 in CGC 9.0 or better...I have them in raw avg. grade around VG-FN...I have a #4 CGC 8.0 PLOD...and then I have a #11 9.0 PLOD...#14 7.0 PLOD and then 19 9.0 blue label and then #20 9.0 PLOD...all my books 21 up are then blue label...I realize the remaining will take at least as long as everything I've done to date...and probably twice or more the cost...but it wouldn't be as fun if it were easy, no? (thumbs u

I had dreams of completing a 1-300 run at one point and got most of them between 100 and 300 but when prices went wacky on ASM, I gave up on it. If I want the stories, there are plenty of reprint options.

My earliest issue is a nice 24. I once passed on a gorgeous 13 that I still kick myself about.