• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
24 24

9,310 posts in this topic

I've never heard of these either - looks like a fun book. Is it science fiction?

No. He is a Batman type character. A "super-detective". Strong, fast, smart, athletic, wears a costume, fights crime.

I've never heard of these either - looks like a fun book. Is it science fiction?

No. He is a Batman type character. A "super-detective". Strong, fast, smart, athletic, wears a costume, fights crime.

There was an article about the Blue Streak book in an issue of Comic Book Marketplace and I went out and found a copy. I miss CBM. It always made my wantlist even longer.

There was an article about the Blue Streak book in an issue of Comic Book Marketplace and I went out and found a copy. I miss CBM. It always made my wantlist even longer.

I miss it too. :(

There are at least 30 of those Whitman books. They are mostly comic related but I have Ginger Rogers and Shirley Temple and a few others that are not from the comics.

2788538080_6cf7db705a_o.jpg

2787683649_49ba6d7fd6_o.jpg

2788537764_976b4d1a12_o.jpg

2787683365_d4ef81d9f9_o.jpg

2788537510_6fc7fb3672_o.jpg

I like to collect these too and I have found a lot in the 10-20 dollar range. Higher grades may go for more. Blue streak with white pages may be much higher. Pages yellow due to paper quality.

bb

:applause:

I assume they are text with full page illos every so many pages, right?

How many are there? Do you only buy those with comics connections? How much $$ do they run (if you don't mind)?

:popcorn:

I count 36 volumes. And you are correct in the format. I do prefer the ones with comic connections, although I've considered some of the others.

Very inexpensive. One or two are close to $100, but the rest can be had for under $25.

No kidding? That's cool!

These are a little late for the GA forum, but this seems like an appropriate place to put them. A couple of British digests from 1961-62 with Elric stories. The 47 is the first appearance of Elric in print.

ScienceFantasy047fcsm.jpg

ScienceFantasy055fcsm.jpg

And here is the first Elric book from 1962, UK true first edition, first state, unclipped dj.

StealerofSoulsfcsm.jpg