• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,195 posts in this topic

Here was the only thing I managed to get during the Adventure House auction/sale:

AllStoryCavalierWeekly1914-05-16fc.jpg

:applause: :applause: Congrats. Presents nicely for the condition it's in. Fantastic pick-up.

What did you miss out on?

The All Story with the Warlord of Mars cover was the one I really wanted but I wasn't fast enough. :(

I also got outbid in the auction on the Phantagraph issues with "THe Hyborian Age." They went for several times the estimated value.

Hi guys - don't know a thing about pulps, frankly. Very cool covers though. My dad is a scifi nut who stills gets his Analogs in the mail every month. He only managed to keep a few of his pulps from when he was a kid and here they are. Don't think I've posted this pic before but just thought I'd share.

DSC00522.jpg

Hi guys - don't know a thing about pulps, frankly. Very cool covers though. My dad is a scifi nut who stills gets his Analogs in the mail every month. He only managed to keep a few of his pulps from when he was a kid and here they are. Don't think I've posted this pic before but just thought I'd share.

DSC00522.jpg

Very cool. Thanks for posting....but feel free to post closeups!

Decided it was time to try a detective pulp, and I was pleased to find what a great read it was! The novel in this one was written by a woman, Mary Heberden. A quick search on the internet makes it look like virtually nothing is known about her, but she could really write! Maybe a notch below the big boys, but not much.

I found it interesting that the dramatic scene on the cover, in which a damsel is threatened with a blow torch, does not happen in the story.

DBMsum1945.jpg

I may have some funds left after my next purchase, and I've always wanted an issue of Weird Tales with a Conan story. Any thoughts as to where to look?

put up a WTB post. You will get responses

Been a while since the mail man brought me anything but bills, but today, this blood-red beauty arrived!

I was very impressed how unfaded the spine was... anyone who collects WT knows how common spine fading is. And although the bottom and possibly side edges have been VERY lightly trimmed (fully disclosed), which I don't usually accept, I couldn't pass up buying a bright copy of my favorite St. John cover WT. My undercopy is from the Forrest Ackerman collection, but is badly faded on the spine.

(thanks to BZ for his answers to my PM prior to me hitting the BIN on ebay! :foryou: )

IMGP3941.jpg 

IMGP3942.jpg 

IMGP3943.jpg 

Edited by RyanH