• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,207 posts in this topic

Very cool - especially that board game!

I notice in the newspaper ad, the Shadow has a flashlight, not a gun, considering how violent comic strips like Di ck tracy were at the time, I wouldn't imagine this was done to tone down the violent nature of the character ( as the Shadow's blazing 45s were as much a part of his image as his slouch hat and fiery opal ring ), but I can't think of another reason either.

Not sure, but the Shadow is shining his flashlight on the "introduction of the comic strip for the newspaper", so maybe it is intended as a spotlight.

Thank you for the compliments on the Shadow items (to everyone).

Dwight

:o Absolutely magical, Dwight! (worship) You have some of the nicest Shadow collectibles I've ever seen; a veritable time capsule from the pulp era. :applause:

Speaking of magic, through the presto-digitation of our friendly neighborhood Flee Marquette, I'll now clap my hands and vanish before your very eyes. :golfclap:

DavidM-shadow1.gif

This seller has the nicest condition issues of Key Weird Tales I have ever seen by one seller ever to hit Ebay. Figured you guys would want to know if you do not allready.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WEIRD-TALES-NOVEMBER-1937-LOVECRAFT-ROBERT-E-HOWARD-SEABURY-QUINN-BLOCH-/140615051542?pt=Magazines&hash=item20bd4f6916

This seller has the nicest condition issues of Key Weird Tales I have ever seen by one seller ever to hit Ebay. Figured you guys would want to know if you do not allready.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WEIRD-TALES-NOVEMBER-1937-LOVECRAFT-ROBERT-E-HOWARD-SEABURY-QUINN-BLOCH-/140615051542?pt=Magazines&hash=item20bd4f6916

Thanks for the link...

According to the seller (responding to my query), he has owned the books for 30 years and decided that it was time to part with them.

Very nice copies!

Amazing spines on those copies! I grabbed the 10/32 just after posting the link. I had been looking to replace the copies I had sold and was pleased to find another in nice shape.

I got these two. Worms of the Earth is my favorite REH story so I'd been holding out for a nice copy of the 11/32. And the Slithering Shadow issue is one the last Conan covers I need.

SlitheringShadow.jpg

Worms.jpg

The seller is Jerry Corder from Jacksonville. He's the same guy I got the Fantasy Fans from. He has a great bookstore over there and i highly recommend checking it out if you're in the area. I was there a couple of years ago and spent a couple of hours talking pulps and books. Cool guy.

Thanks to the original poster and to a board member who PMed me about this thread. I don't collect pulps much, I think I have three, but I was happy to add number four just now!

Nice pickup on the Batwoman cover, EC. I would have bought that in a heartbeat.

WT3311A.jpg

Nice to see these gems went to collectors on these boards. Here is the 12/32 (First Conan) I picked up from the seller. Its not in quite as nice condition as the others, but it is the nicest copy of this issue I have ever owned. Im very pleased.

Photobucket

I often wonder if the fact that Conan is not actually on the cover holds the value back substantially. hm

Imagine if it were a Conan cover with the art still by St. John---how cool would that have been. :cloud9:

Congrats on the pick up!