• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,254 posts in this topic

Three new arrivals this morning :whee:

The first two are upgrades, the third is a new one for me.

Weird Tales, Jun 1930

Cover story is Robert E. Howard's Solomon Kane story "The Moon of Skulls".

There's also a reprint of Lovecraft's awesome horror story "The Rats in the Walls".

Weird%2520Tales%2520Vol%252015%2520No%25206%2520Jun%25201930.jpg

Edited by RedFury

Beautiful pulps, guys. :applause:

Here are a few Weird Tales with J. Allen St. John covers.

November 1932

weirdtales193211.jpg

December 1932

weirdtales193212.jpg

January 1933

weirdtales193301.jpg

Those are so nice they look like reprints! :applause:

Weird Tales, Mar 1933

Brundage cover, 3rd appearance of Conan, "The Tower of the Elephant" by Robert E Howard.

I've been looking for a nice copy of this one for a LONG time!

Weird%2520Tales%2520Vol%252021%2520No%25203%2520Mar%25201933.jpg

Congrats on the great pickups!

Weird Tales, Mar 1933

Brundage cover, 3rd appearance of Conan, "The Tower of the Elephant" by Robert E Howard.

Nice! that's one I've never owned and it's one of my favorite Conan stories.

What a bunch of wonderful covers! Those Bangzoom Weird Tales are just; well, you know...

I used to own a killer copy of WT March 1933; but when I started reading it, I realized it was missing 20 or so pages inside.Sent it back; still waiting for that uber nice copy...

Weird Tales, Mar 1933

Brundage is always in good taste.Congrats Todd!

Just recently added this piece to my Shadow collection.

Extremely rare [font:Arial Black]Shadow interior art page [/font]by [font:Arial Black]Edd Cartier[/font] (only a handful of examples known to exist).

Large [font:Arial Black]12" x 16" [/font] interior page from the [font:Arial Black]Shadow pulp [font:Arial Black]"Treasure Trail"[/font] [/font] [font:Arial Black] (1937).[/font] .

The actual size of the board is 16" x 20" (12" x 16" image size).

CartierOA1_zpse9633eed.jpeg

Dwight

Edited by detective35DF

Wow :hail:

This original sure looks much much better than any of the printed versions. Thank you for this glimpse behind the printed paper. This showcases Edd's talent at a completely new level.

Did you ever get a chance to meet Edd before his recent passing?

Extremely rare [font:Arial Black]Shadow interior art page [/font]by [font:Arial Black]Edd Cartier[/font] (only a handful of examples known to exist).

Large [font:Arial Black]12" x 16" [/font] interior page from the [font:Arial Black]Shadow pulp [font:Arial Black]"Treasure Trail"[/font] [/font] [font:Arial Black] (1937).[/font] .

Outstanding Dwight (worship)

Dwight

Wow :hail:

This sure looks much much better than any of the printed versions. Thank you for this glimpse behind the printed paper. This showcases Edd's talent at a completely new level.

Did you ever get a chance to meet Edd before his recent passing?

Hello,

The interior art resembles a type of wash tone look. It is very stunning in person. Almost resembles a black and white painting.

I never got a chance to meet Edd Cartier before he passed, but I heard he was a very nice fellow. I know that his son Dean has two smaller Shadow interiors, plus there is one more that Ii heard surfaced about 20 years ago.

Cartier's interior artwork is very sought after, especially the work he did before he entered WW2,

Dwight

Edited by detective35DF

Dwight

(worship) [font:Times New Roman]Absolutely amazing, Dwight. I'm so envious of your awesome Shadow collection.

That B&W Cartier original has to be one of the best existing interior action shots featuring the character.

Congrats![/font] :headbang:

Dwight

Outstanding, Dwight! :golfclap: