• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,206 posts in this topic

Just recently added this piece to my Shadow collection.

Extremely rare [font:Arial Black]Shadow interior art page [/font]by [font:Arial Black]Edd Cartier[/font] (only a handful of examples known to exist).

Large [font:Arial Black]12" x 16" [/font] interior page from the [font:Arial Black]Shadow pulp [font:Arial Black]"Treasure Trail"[/font] [/font] [font:Arial Black] (1937).[/font] .

The actual size of the board is 16" x 20" (12" x 16" image size).

CartierOA1_zpse9633eed.jpeg

Dwight

Amazing piece Dwight - you keep turning up rare gem after rare gem. :golfclap:

Just recently added this piece to my Shadow collection.

Extremely rare [font:Arial Black]Shadow interior art page [/font]by [font:Arial Black]Edd Cartier[/font] (only a handful of examples known to exist).

Large [font:Arial Black]12" x 16" [/font] interior page from the [font:Arial Black]Shadow pulp [font:Arial Black]"Treasure Trail"[/font] [/font] [font:Arial Black] (1937).[/font] .

The actual size of the board is 16" x 20" (12" x 16" image size).

CartierOA1_zpse9633eed.jpeg

Dwight

Amazing piece Dwight - you keep turning up rare gem after rare gem. :golfclap:

He always has Steve. Dwight has a knack for it

[font:Arial Black]Hello,[/font]

[font:Arial Black]Just picked up couple more sharp Spider Pulps with great covers!

(Well maybe just a tad gruesome for the Yul Tide Season!!) [/font]

[font:Arial Black]"The City That Dared Not Eat"[/font] [font:Arial Black](October 1937)[/font]

Spider2_zpsdb4b41c1.jpeg

[font:Arial Black] "The City of Dreadful Night" [/font] [font:Arial Black] (November 1936) [/font]

Spider1_zps78940a65.jpeg

[font:Arial Black]Dwight[/font]

[font:Arial Black]Just picked up couple more sharp Spider Pulps with great covers!

[font:Arial Black]"The City That Dared Not Eat"[/font] [font:Arial Black](October 1937)[/font]

Spider2_zpsdb4b41c1.jpeg

[font:Arial Black] "The City of Dreadful Night" [/font] [font:Arial Black] (November 1936) [/font]

Spider1_zps78940a65.jpeg

beauties Dwight! :applause:

Every time I see a Spider pulp I am reminded of Stan Lee's story about it being an inspiration for Spider-Man

Spider2_zpsdb4b41c1.jpeg

Spider1_zps78940a65.jpeg

Love those covers!

We're more used to seeing Weird Tales from the 1925-33 era with their bright red borders. But for a time in late 1926 and early 1927 they experimented with a black border. I just realized I have all 5 of them, so I took the group shot. I think the black border looks great on these.

IMG_2974.JPG

We're more used to seeing Weird Tales from the 1925-33 era with their bright red borders. But for a time in late 1926 and early 1927 they experimented with a black border. I just realized I have all 5 of them, so I took the group shot. I think the black border looks great on these.

IMG_2974.JPG

Very nice group shot! Love the black

borders! :applause: