• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,115 posts in this topic

I prefer Brundage, St. John, and Rankin's Weird Tales covers over Finlay's covers, but I think Finlay is unsurpassed as far as interior pen and ink work.

Here's a pretty detailed cover he did for the Feb 1937 issue, his first for Weird Tales. But the best part of this particular copy is it's signed! :cloud9:

6e7Ok4qh.jpg

JZwPDlth.jpg

Is that one of Gerry de la Rees' copies???

I prefer Brundage, St. John, and Rankin's Weird Tales covers over Finlay's covers, but I think Finlay is unsurpassed as far as interior pen and ink work.

Here's a pretty detailed cover he did for the Feb 1937 issue, his first for Weird Tales. But the best part of this particular copy is it's signed! :cloud9:

6e7Ok4qh.jpg

JZwPDlth.jpg

Is that one of Gerry de la Rees' copies???

I think it is, but can't be sure. I am sure it was Jack Darrow's copy before Gerry owned it. It has all of Jack's typical markings, one of which you can see in the photo (28 pages).

Been busy buying the last three weeks. This is part of what I was up to below.

Some long time sets I've been wanting to complete. I bought two of them outright and finally got the missing issues to complete my sets of the other eight below. A couple are rare titles. Most are scarce titles but really rare to see complete sets.

163191.jpg.aad923e7af94a4dafb6e778c25bd0982.jpg

163192.jpg.104db5dce88c26f4d070e16d8ebec845.jpg

163193.jpg.ca742706a8a4d60ee3ecfe9e589c7f15.jpg

163194.jpg.633905c9ab2425af7d26a48ce7ff2f9c.jpg

163195.jpg.863f0146bd0ee7f9bb99860e4f07cd54.jpg

Been busy buying the last three weeks. This is part of what I was up to below.

Some long time sets I've been wanting to complete. I bought two of them outright and finally got the missing issues to complete my sets of the other eight below. A couple are rare titles. Most are scarce titles but really rare to see complete sets.

If you don't mind me asking what kind of prices do those top two Captain Satan's command in the market?

Hey Matthew42383

I'm curious about the the star cut out on the JD'd Fight magazine is that something to do with the distributor or maybe the local vendor? I have a June issue with the star cut out also.

And I quote "An average copy 300ish."

Ok. I was over estimating it. I see heritage sold copies in VG of the March 1938 issue for $175.00 in 2014 and $130.00 this year and the April 1938 just went for $65.00 in VG- so a VG or VG/FN copy is probably not a big hit to the wallet. Thanks again.

I love the stylized design on the World Adventures title. That would have stood out on the newsstand.