• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,138 posts in this topic

Too many great pulps to comment on, kiddies!!

(Well done PointFive!! Looks like you held out for some nice copies! The early THRILLING WONDERS are super cool too, and very reasonable)

Thanks bro! (thumbs u

And great posts from Bill! -- looking forward to the next round.

OK, here come some new pulp pickups. :shy: I've really been enjoying getting my feet wet with 30s & 40s pulps lately. The prices seem generally very reasonable, compared to the equivalent GA comics. Here's a batch I'm real happy with... and believe me, more to come!

Thrilling Wonder Stories, Spring 1944 with a beautiful airbrush cover. I'm guessing these Thrilling Wonders don't get a lot of respect, as they're pretty easy to find and some of the covers are kind of tame, but there are a lot of real gems mixed in.

tws-spr-44.jpg

Great cover and a Leig Brackett story! :applause:

Looks like you're off to great start, Jon!

On a less lofty note, I wanted to share this Incredible Matt Fox interior from this Pulp...

3863312385_1d4b75f560_o.jpg

illustrating one of my favorite stories of all time...

3863279779_bf680d186f_o.jpg

Really wicked illo, Shiver... I had a minor flashback when I saw this illo, and I know I never owned this pulp. I wonder if it has been reprinted somewhere?

I dig the scale of the man to the beast... great spread. Fine detail too. Too bad Fox didn't illustrate more comic interiors.

Here are some misc pulps in my collection:

spicymysteryx2buse.jpg

WuFangFileCopy.jpg

Dwight

Seriously, Dwight has the goods folks!! Incredible pulps, to say nothing of his "Creeping Death" painting. (worship)

Congrats Dwight on your new Shadow interior illustration!! Keep me in mind if you need to unload some of those high grade pulps at some point! :wishluck:

On a less lofty note, I wanted to share this Incredible Matt Fox interior from this Pulp...

3863312385_1d4b75f560_o.jpg

illustrating one of my favorite stories of all time...

3863279779_bf680d186f_o.jpg

Really wicked illo, Shiver... I had a minor flashback when I saw this illo, and I know I never owned this pulp. I wonder if it has been reprinted somewhere?

I dig the scale of the man to the beast... great spread. Fine detail too. Too bad Fox didn't illustrate more comic interiors.

Hi Ryan, it was reproduced in the excellent hardcover book Pictorial History of Horror Stories by Peter Haining. You likely saw it there.