• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,138 posts in this topic

Rafael DeSoto did a lot of detective covers. The only one of his in this group is the New Detective. The guy on that cover also posed for the Spider covers and many others during the '30's and '40's including the Shadow if I recall.

Jack

DetectivePulpsGroup.jpg

GREAT JOB MULTICYNIC!!!

Alot of the pulps in that era are tough because of the low print run.

There are some great covers and with hundreds of nice pulps and I am sure that numerous people will be chomping at the bit for them, and compared to the price of silver and bronze age comics, they are well worth it!

It isn't everyday you find a pulp collection with nearly 1000 books and with nice paper to boot. I don't know how you do it, but great job!

***I can't wait to see them!***

Dwight

Edited by detective35DF

Part of an original owner collection of a thousand plus 1940's and '50's Detective pulps I bought last week. Science fiction and some adventure also. The thing that struck me most was the nice paper quality. Jack PulpSpines.jpg

Very cool. How did you come across them? I love treasure hunting stories!

Rafael DeSoto did a lot of detective covers. The only one of his in this group is the New Detective. The guy on that cover also posed for the Spider covers and many others during the '30's and '40's including the Shadow if I recall.

Jack

DetectivePulpsGroup.jpg

:o What a fantastic collection! I'd love to get my hands on some of those

March 1938. Lovecraft & Brundage, what more could you want?

3865591449_e19f461e3f_o.jpg

Three great ones Matt, but I love this one the best :luhv:

Hard not to love that one Bill! I think her face is one of the best she drew. I have to say drew now because I just found out all these Brundage covers are all done with pastel, not paint.

March 1938. Lovecraft & Brundage, what more could you want?

3865591449_e19f461e3f_o.jpg

Three great ones Matt, but I love this one the best :luhv:

Hard not to love that one Bill! I think her face is one of the best she drew. I have to say drew now because I just found out all these Brundage covers are all done with pastel, not paint.

I with Bill - I think this is my favorite too. :luhv:

Great pickups, shiver! :applause:

There have been some great books posted in here lately!

Allright, here's my contribution.

No half-naked ladies, sadly, but I did just pick up a pretty rare Howard item. This a copy of Marvel Tales vol. 1, no. 2, a digest-sized fanzine published in 1934 by William Crawford. It contains the first appearance of "The Garden of Fear" by REH, as well as a Frank Belknap Long story, "The Dark Beasts." This copy is interesting because the issue was printed with a 15 cent price on the cover, but it has some of government (tax?) stamp on it with 25 cents stamped over that. Maybe this one was sold in Canada? Anyway it's pretty cool and I'm excited to have found one.

MarvelTalesfcsm.jpg

MarvelTalesinto02.jpg

MarvelTalesinto01.jpg