• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do I smell a shill?

17 posts in this topic

A little funny, isn't it?

At first when I saw this auction I was just going to post something on how foolish speculators are for paying top dollar for a clearly overgraded book. However, upon checking out the bidders I found that the two ids were a little too similar for comfort. Who knows what is going on, but if it is not a shill then someone is going to get ripped off royally with this purchase.

ooops, sorry for the double double post post blush.gif

i know what sniping is, thats what i pay esnipe for grin.gif my point was the book has gone this high even before its final moments, which to me seems like an attempt to make the auction stand out with a high price without actually having to sell it....hence shilling! A shilling for your thoughts... smirk.gif

"THIS COMIC WAS STORED IN AN ALMOST INVIORMENTIALLY CONTROLLED SPACE, SMOKER FREE, ALMOST POLLUSION FREE"

"NEAR MINT CONDTION"

08_1.JPG

smily961.gif

I give it a POS 4.5

thumbsup2.gif

I'm thinking more GVG 3.0.

That's one of the worst "NMs" I've ever seen.

Even that guy (eBay name starts with an S) people here always make fun of isn't this bad.

His NMs are usually VGF. smirk.gif

This person may be utilizing Crack Wizard's "conditional" grading scale..."Would be a perfect 9.8 NM/MT if it didn't have jizz stains on the front cover and major tears and chips" insane.gif