• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Superman Ashcan found--6 & counting--how many are there?

32 posts in this topic

Just received confirmation from the Canadian Intellectual Property Office that they have a copy in there possession--now that makes 6:

1 at DC

1 w/ Moondog

1 w/ US copyright office

1 w/ Vincent @ Metropolis

1 w/ sportsagent Filter just sold mine to

and now one at the CIPO makes 6--not to mention any others DC gave to their corporate folks over the years

How many can there actually be?

Just received confirmation from the Canadian Intellectual Property Office that they have a copy in there possession--now that makes 6:

Would they have a picture? Did you receive any details on the deposit? Date? Paperwork?

1 w/ US copyright office

Do you know something I don't? Or are you just guessing? (shrug)

For one thing, it would be the Patent & Trademark Office, but they - sadly - destroyed all their paper copies in the late 1970s.

Does this mean the elusive Double Action #1 may be buried in Canada, and that is why no 1 in the USA has a pic of it? (shrug)

Great info, thanks!

But I'm not sure that simply because there was a trademark registered that means there was a companion ashcan that existed.

1 at DC

1 w/ Moondog

1 w/ US copyright office

1 w/ Vincent @ Metropolis

1 w/ sportsagent Filter just sold mine to

and now one at the CIPO makes 6--not to mention any others DC gave to their corporate folks over the years

How many can there actually be?

Destroyer:

Thanks for helping out, but here are the facts as of right now -

DC does not have a copy in their vault

Metropolis has 1

Moondog has 1

The sports agent has 1

And a purported fourth copy is lost.

Is the Canadian IP office stating they actually have a copy of the ashcan or just a logo?

Is the Canadian IP office stating they actually have a copy of the ashcan or just a logo?

Hey, hey, why don't you just read my initial post above instead of trying to steal my idea. Move along now, nothing here to see! :makepoint::baiting:

:signfunny:

Hey, hey, why don't you just read my initial post above instead of trying to steal my idea. Move along now, nothing here to see! :makepoint::baiting:

I saw that you didn't straighten him out on the correct census figures so I was forced to jump in.

:makepoint:

:sumo:

:frustrated:

I saw that you didn't straighten him out on the correct census figures so I was forced to jump in.

:makepoint:

:sumo:

:frustrated:

That required math, and we attorneys don't do complicated math.

Except for billing. :gossip:

If you're talking original ORIGINAL contemporary art from a book he worked on, I'd easily pay four, and under the right circumstances five, figures. But the piece above is simply a modern day recreation.

I believe I saw him offer such pieces for $150.