• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOSTON COMIC CON Returns March 16th! Featuring Special Guest Carmine Infantino!

80 posts in this topic

Who will be around for dinner? Maybe we can meet somewhere close to the show site. Some posibilities are:

Legal Seaford

Cottonwood Cafe

Rock Bottom

PF Chang

McCormick & Schmick's

Maggiano's

All are pretty close, there have been a couple of suggestions for the first one on the list, let's ee what we can put together!

I'm in regardless of where. If we're going to do that area, and on short notice, I think we should probably do Maggiano's, just because they have quite a few large tables.

Also, we have to make sure Susan Ciccione knows about this, since Brad can't make it because of some family stuff.

Another great show! Boston has been veddy veddy good to me lately. Two excellent shows in consecutive months! I could get used to this!

I got to observe Carmine Infantino sketching and talk to my ol' pal Ken Kelly again. That makes for a good day!

Great show Twinkle Toes !!! This show gets better and better.

(Batman had a flask...anyone see it?)

Mr.Carmine Infantino is an outstanding guest and fine gentleman. It was a treat to meet and speak with him.

I got there late, but had a good time. Got to meet GACollectibles (Andy) and Pontoon!! These are the first 2 board members I have met in person. So I was very happy about that! :applause:

Bummed that I didn't get to meet more of you. :sorry: But, I bought a Flash off of Andy and had Carmine sign it for me as well as his own book that he had at his table. So I was happy again! :applause:

And I also found a parking place on the street which saved me thousands of dollars, well a couple of bucks! :grin:

Sorry I missed you toro!

Another wildly successful show. I'd call it AWESOME but...well...you know.

My thanks to the promoters. Attendance must have been well over any previous mark.

I wouldn't know how the attendance compared to other years, but I heard two dealers talking after 4:00pm and they were happily saying "I can't believe that there must be over 100 people still here!

A brief con report.

I think dealers were cautious as to whether the Boston Comic Con would attract the same or more attendees than the previous two shows, and we were all pleasantly surprised by the increase in attendance! This is what it looked like for a good portion of the day with people lined up side by side to search through boxes for gems.

show016.jpg

A view from my table.

show005.jpg

My table. Notice the two customers with Flash-like abilities who have made their purchases and are scurrying off to the next tables!

show008.jpg

Front hallway.

show007.jpg

More peeps.

show002.jpg

I sent Dug(my hunchback) to get some pictures, he took 1/2 blurry ones of our table doh! and caught a forumite shopping in this picture...

show013.jpg

I didn't see as many costumes this time but I did get a shot of Batman, Robin and the first appearance of Robin's sidekick Wicked Cute Little Girl.

show009.jpg

Didn't have time to get out much as it was busy/steady from 15-20 minutes after the doors opened right through the afternoon. As far as sales went, my overall number was slightly off from last show but the quantity of sales was up! I hadn't restocked keys and higher priced books since before the holiday season so I was pleased with the day. People were picking up regular stock & Bargain Bin (1/2 off) SA & BA books, I had many inquiries for keys such as TOS #39 & Iron Man #1 (surprise, surprise), multiple people asking for SA Hawkman issues(go figure!) and also misc requests for DCs Blue Beetle books(I had none) and Transformers(those I had a short box worth).

Overall fun show, looking forward to the next one!

Dinner was explained nicely by Pontoon though he neglected to mention his cool ride!

Again thanks to the promoters for a job well done! :applause:

Do you think it was your fancy studded belt and bandana in the back pocket that gave it away? hm

I really didn't need to see that. And while I do find it humorous, why exactly were your shooting Nik's butt?

Toro - you should definitely try to make dinner next time. Just be sure to wear your raincoat if you're sitting next to SilverandBronze.