• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Random GA pickups

5 posts in this topic

This was an impulse purchase, as it was cheap (below guide and undergraded) for what seems to me a very presentable GA first issue.

Sparkler Comics Vol 1 #1, July 1940

It's in really nice shape, but the original owner has (very neatly) taped the spine and (again, very neatly) stapled through the tape to reinforce it! The sad thing is, the spine looks absolutely fine. The tape and stapling are a pre-emptive 'conservation' measure rather than a repair job doh!

Still a very presentable 1940 comic. Is there any love for this title? Tell me anything about it?

sparkler1.jpg

The ad on the back for Tip Top and others is quite cool too.

sparkler1bk.jpg

Neat book. :cool: I can tell you that the back cover is mis-leading in a sense. The ad advertises Okay Comics as part of the Big 4 but Okay Comics only ran for 1 issue. At least Sparkler established itself as one of the major reprint books after a re-boot and a second # 1 issue.

Psychoanalysis was one of the most unusual ideas ever for a comic.