• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is how my problem started ...

43 posts in this topic

Heck, those ads still work on me!

Back in the day, when I was collecting back issues as a teenager, these ads were often the only way to see old issues. We didn't have the luxury of internet sites that have every cover ever published.

.....yeah, back in the days when we had to make our OWN indexes. The first back issue I ever ordered was Marvel Tales # 4.....I wanted to read what I thought was the first Vulture story. Turned out it was the second....but I was hooked on mail order. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I remember it most reading Richie Rich comics back in the 70's. They would feature these full page ads for all Harvey comics on the stands that month. I would go through saying, "want that one, want that one, want that one", etc, etc lol

I remember it most reading Richie Rich comics back in the 70's. They would feature these full page ads for all Harvey comics on the stands that month. I would go through saying, "want that one, want that one, want that one", etc, etc lol

You and me both. Imagine one central character spawning so many desirable titles. :cloud9: I even wanted baby huey, little lotta, and all those other b rated titles; solely because of the ads. I find it hard to believe there isn't much love for RR from the bronze posters. It was my first major comic passion, before the heroes and the horror.

You and me both. Imagine one central character spawning so many desirable titles. :cloud9: I even wanted baby huey, little lotta, and all those other b rated titles; solely because of the ads. I find it hard to believe there isn't much love for RR from the bronze posters. It was my first major comic passion, before the heroes and the horror.

Interesting! I really liked most of the Harvey characters - Casper, Hot Stuff, Spooky, Wendy. Little Dot, Little Audrey, Felix the Cat, Buzzy the Crow, Herman & Katnip, Blondie & Dagwood, etc. - but Richie Rich I always found obnoxious and I never much liked Sad Sack either. In fact, I remember asking about Harveys at Dragon Lady here in Toronto back in the eighties. To my surprise and annoyance the fellow behind the counter replied "Ahhhhh, you're a Richie Rich fan I presume?"."No! was my immediate annoyed reply.

harveyrecords.jpg

108938.jpg.19f64a6d10fd36bb5c22c47412342e71.jpg

Yeah, last year when I went to Heroes Con in Charlotte I decided to do something different...

I love the comic ads from the BA and I took one of my fav ads and decided to collectet

them all in decent grade during the show...

The kick arse Ad.

99647.jpg

and my homage to it.

99665.jpg

:cloud9:

Yeah, last year when I went to Heroes Con in Charlotte I decided to do something different...

I love the comic ads from the BA and I took one of my fav ads and decided to collectet

and my homage to it.

99665.jpg

Cool! Very nice job!

:applause:

and my homage to it.

99665.jpg

Cool! Very nice job!

All of those covers are great. Those early '70s DC house ads were hugely compelling.

and my homage to it.

99665.jpg

Cool! Very nice job!

All of those covers are great. Those early '70s DC house ads were hugely compelling.

Totally agree - I still get pretty jazzed up by all the DC house ads from the early '70s. Collecting in the early '80s (when I was a tween) I used to pore over those ads, and wonder how I was ever going to get my hands on those books.

Great, great memories.

Shep

Might these have been given to the bullpen?

The design of the glass certainly looks as if that may indeed have been the case.

Do you have any other comic book glasses from that era?

No. I don't think that any others from around 1961-62 were produced.

(shrug)

Thanks for posting that link. I think I played the groves off that record when I was a kid.

That site has several of the Power Records recorded. I'm listening to the Hulk At Bay one now. :cloud9: