• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any recent news on the upcoming Paradise Toronto Comicon?

8 posts in this topic

The last Paradise convention was discussed on this forum as being a rousing success but I know that are always looking for ways to improve and that they are examining the most minute details. Kevin Boyd who seemed to be the point man for this board has gone and someone will have to take his role. Some of the dealers didn't do as well as they hoped and will need a special reason to come back. Some of the guests didn't interact with the public as they had hoped too. And the sliced up sub sandwiches in the Green Room tasted really bad, or so I was told.

They have moved to a subway-friendly location. They have cut it back to two days. They have moved it to mid-July from the spring. At this point their website has no mention of guests. I have seen no poster or other unique promotional materials.

Anybody heard anything concrete? Pete, Doug are you out there? How's it going eh? Is anyone on the cadre of interested individuals willing to tell us what is going to be going on there? Could you get your subs from Subway this time? And also, would you let me in to the Green room?

Hey Ron Happy New Year! I didn't see you drop around the shop for the boxing day sale this year!

For those of you who are interested We have been hard at work all fall and throughout the Christmas season in booking guests and taking care of our first flyer which should be ready within the next week.

We plan to start announcing the majority of our guests after Super Bowl Sunday

(which for the non football fan is Sunday February 3rd)

Please be patient with us I promise you'll be pleasantly surprised!

I just thought I would post some more great news about the show

PARADISE TORONTO COMICON WINS 4 IN A ROW

Comicbookconventions.com has announced the winners of their annual "Connie'' awards and for the fourth year running thanks to the best fans in the world we are the:

Best International Comic Book Convention (non-U.S.) for 2007

Paradise Comics and Conventions would like to thank all the people who voted for us and we promise to keep producing the most fan friendly show anywhere.

Keep Watching this space for more MAJOR announcements

I would also like to extend a special thanks to all our volunteers and all the hard working staff of Paradise Comics & Conventions. Without their continuing hard work and sacrifice we couldn't continue to provide a great convention experience.