• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Purchased my first pieces of OA recently

13 posts in this topic

I am sure that these pieces pale in comparison to most of the art you guys collect but I will share them none the less. Recently I came upon the works of Josh Howard (Dead@17, Black Harvest, Lost Books of Eve). One evening I was searching for Dead@17 on eBay and I lucked into finding a page from Issue 4 of the Dead@17 Ongoing series. It had a BIN of $25 so I quickly hit it and then checked the sellers other auctions. When I got to looking at the other auctions there were only 3 left so I quickly hit the $25 BIN on a page from Clubbing but was unable to pick up the 3rd page that was still available. I was thrilled because to me they seemed like bargains. It turned out that Josh had listed 15 pages and that I had just lucked out and found them near the end. They are both very cool and I will definitely be on the lookout for others. :)

The page from Dead@17 is 11x17.

dead17oanx3.jpg

The page from Clubbing is 8.5x11.

clubbingoaip5.jpg

If you like the artist and the piece, you can NEVER go wrong with a $25 piece of OA!

It's buying stuff you don't like, simply because of the name of the artist or the title of the book where you waste your $25.

I am sure that these pieces pale in comparison to most of the art you guys collect but I will share them none the less. Recently I came upon the works of Josh Howard (Dead@17, Black Harvest, Lost Books of Eve). One evening I was searching for Dead@17 on eBay and I lucked into finding a page from Issue 4 of the Dead@17 Ongoing series. It had a BIN of $25 so I quickly hit it and then checked the sellers other auctions. When I got to looking at the other auctions there were only 3 left so I quickly hit the $25 BIN on a page from Clubbing but was unable to pick up the 3rd page that was still available. I was thrilled because to me they seemed like bargains. It turned out that Josh had listed 15 pages and that I had just lucked out and found them near the end. They are both very cool and I will definitely be on the lookout for others. :)

The page from Dead@17 is 11x17.

dead17oanx3.jpg

The page from Clubbing is 8.5x11.

clubbingoaip5.jpg

Nice pickup. Welcome to the club. I suggest that you stop now before it ruins your life and bank account! :D

Thanks for the replies everyone. When I saw these pages I thought they were too cool to pass up. I just wish I would have found the listings a little sooner so I could have picked up a couple of the others also but beggers can't be choosers. I am just glad that I was able to pick up these 2. :)