• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

who would anyone slab this ???

21 posts in this topic

Not only is it a 4.0....but its got the wrong first appearance in the details.

No wonder people do not trust ebay sellers

On second thought, he wanted to create a product he could justifiably call "Rare", which Overstreet once defined as five or less in existence. After all, how many Detective 429's are out there slabbed as 5.0's?

I've always thought that Ebay should ban the use of the words "rare" and "scarce" to put a crimp on the charlatans who misuse those terms.

:makepoint:

because it's RARE. Rare, I say!

Rare! Rare! Rare! Rare! Rare! Rare! Rare! Rare! Rare! Rare! Rare! Rare! Rare! Rare! Rare!

I don't get it. What's your point exactly? Try being a little more specific please :baiting:

Perhaps he saw a Golden Age book in worse shape graded a 9.2 so he thought the Detective would come back as a 9.4?

(shrug)

:lol: That is funnier than heck........., but I can understand why it got the chirpin' crickets around here.........,

Why would anyone want to slab this Detective #429 ??

It makes no sense.

The stress lines on the spine are so obvious, even in this small photo. Why pay $30 to slab a $1 comic?

Maybey he is a comic selling newbie and thinks as soon as any book gets CGC'd it become super valuable

Perhaps he saw a Golden Age book in worse shape graded a 9.2 so he thought the Detective would come back as a 9.4?

(shrug)

:lol: That is funnier than heck........., but I can understand why it got the chirpin' crickets around here.........,

I've discovered that kind of thing to be a sensitive topic in these here parts....

:o

(shrug)

I've discovered that kind of thing to be a sensitive topic in these here parts....

:o

If you hate CGC so much, why are you still here? Shouldn't you be on some other boards alerting the general populace about CGC's deficiencies, O Divine Protector Of The Hobby?

Don't be silly. I don't hate CGC. I just like to poke fun at the comic buyers who swear by CGC.

And really, I don't take myself so seriously as to regard myself as the "Divine Protector " of anything. If you had a balanced enough perspective on comic book collecting I'd hardly think you'd care enough to invite me to post elsewhere.

:screwy:

Don't be silly. I don't hate CGC. I just like to poke fun at the comic buyers who swear by CGC.

And really, I don't take myself so seriously as to regard myself as the "Divine Protector " of anything. If you had a balanced enough perspective on comic book collecting I'd hardly think you'd care enough to invite me to post elsewhere.

:screwy:

Well, I don't know how seriously you take yourself. I just think it's pretty rude to insult the hosts of the message board you post on, whether in the guise of poking fun at buyers or no.

Not sure what you mean by "balanced...perspective," as I buy about 95% of my books raw and prefer them to stay that way