• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: JUSTICE LEAGUE of AMERICA #1

18 posts in this topic

I'm hinking that maybe a tar all the way through in addition to all theother tears, wrinkles and chips, might keep this unde 2.0.

of course tear like this on a book that's already low grade doesn't carry near the weight of one on a higher grade book.

so i'd guess 1.8..........

I would also vote for 1.8 That tear is just too serious when added to the other problems the book has. Still a complete copy though and the FC presents itself nicely.

Working on a copy of this book in similar condition, so this of course caught my eye today. And I gotta admit the story actually was fun to read. (seeing as I am normally a Marvel guy :shy:)

I would also vote for 1.8 That tear is just too serious when added to the other problems the book has. Still a complete copy though and the FC presents itself nicely.

Working on a copy of this book in similar condition, so this of course caught my eye today. And I gotta admit the story actually was fun to read. (seeing as I am normally a Marvel guy :shy:)

I read my #2 the other night which was the first time I'd read any of the SA JLA's I have. It was actually pretty good. 3 bad guys from Magic Land travelled through dimensions to Earth and took all of our "science and technology" and left us with only magic leaving Magic Land with NO magic. The JLA could not use their powers either.

The JLA conjured up Merlin from Magic Land and then portaled there where their powers did work and split up into 3 teams of two to catch the bad guys.

I won't tell you how it ends! :shy:

the tear on the back cover is about an inch long and goes through the entire book

That's called a rip. :eek:

Gonna kill the grade...

Thanks for the opinions everyone. Here is my take on this book. I honestly believe there are enough positive qualities to this book to be a solid 2.0, here's why.

The staples are nice and the cover is not detached. Centerfold is attached. Page quality is nice (for an old DC) and with the exception of the tape on GL the cover is fairly smooth and not dimpled to hell. There's no moisture damage, major stains, or rust migration at all. The staples may be off color a little but are not rusty.

Here's my method for grading such a book, take it for what it's worth... if the major defect wasn't there, what would this book grade? 3.5? 3.0? 2.5? 2.0? Now,decide whether or not the major defect further reduces the overall grade and by how much? If the major defect falls within the basic accepted parameters of the given grade then it does not lower the grade.

Whole corner pieces are frequently missing from 2.0 books.

Just my 2c