• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tec 31 on ebay

28 posts in this topic

Nice looking book. I hope he does well with it. When I see books like that it make me wish cgc did have a more detailed classification system for restored book, so that they weren't all lumped together under the PLOD.

Well put!

Imagine if certificates for all slabbed restored books had to include before and after photos, and then imagine how a buyer might look at the before and after on this and say "Hey, that 'restoration' didn't really amount to much at all and I shouldn't get worked up over it." And imagine how the reaction would be entirely different if the buyer looked a 'before' picture and saw that before restoration batman's head was missing. That would be providing a real service and providing real needed info.

Nice looking book. I hope he does well with it. When I see books like that it make me wish cgc did have a more detailed classification system for restored book, so that they weren't all lumped together under the PLOD.

Well put!

Imagine if certificates for all slabbed restored books had to include before and after photos, and then imagine how a buyer might look at the before and after on this and say "Hey, that 'restoration' didn't really amount to much at all and I shouldn't get worked up over it." And imagine how the reaction would be entirely different if the buyer looked a 'before' picture and saw that before restoration batman's head was missing. That would be providing a real service and providing real needed info.

while I agree that we need a classification system of some sort to help distinquish issues of extent of restoration... implausible, improbably, impossible we could have before an after, as the majority of books don't have that (all the resto done over the past 30 years)....so, no way to incorporate that, but maybe cgc could include one of those negative black light scans that highlight the restored area, to give us a little more idea of "slight" vs "mod" vs "ext" ? (shrug)

Well put!

nothign can be done about the past, but if a Conservator were to start doing this now, who knows...maybe it would start a trend. Sure would be helpful to see before and after pics of a restored book. I know when I see a CGC label that says "pieces added", my mind automatically imagines very large piece replacement - big chunks, yet in reality it could just be an edge chip or two.

Well put!

nothign can be done about the past, but if a Conservator were to start doing this now, who knows...maybe it would start a trend. Sure would be helpful to see before and after pics of a restored book. I know when I see a CGC label that says "pieces added", my mind automatically imagines very large piece replacement - big chunks, yet in reality it could just be an edge chip or two.

Not much can be done about the past, but I know every book I ever had worked on (and there haven't been many) I kept the before and afters.

For books from the past, CGC could include a scan that clearly indicates where pieces were added, where color was touched, etc. All of which can be easily determined by a pro.

Well put!

Not much can be done about the past, but I know every book I ever had worked on (and there haven't been many) I kept the before and afters.

For books from the past, CGC could include a scan that clearly indicates where pieces were added, where color was touched, etc. All of which can be easily determined by a pro.

good point...but, I also suspect that a lot of folks that sell restored books, "don't" want that info divulged...just guessing...

that said, I would really like to see a before and after type system in place, since I do like to buy restored books

rick

Well put!

good point...but, I also suspect that a lot of folks that sell restored books, "don't" want that info divulged...

rick

All the more reason to do it.

Not a tec collector, but there seems to be a consensus that Tec #31 is great shakes. Can someone explain to me why there is such demand for this particular issue?

look at the cover man !! thy answer lay before thine own eyes.

Not a tec collector, but there seems to be a consensus that Tec #31 is great shakes. Can someone explain to me why there is such demand for this particular issue?

look at the cover man !! thy answer lay before thine own eyes.

Exactly what he said and to me, it's the BEST Batman cover I've seen! I think that this cover basically characterizes how I want Batman to be portrayed as.

Tec 31 is widely viewed as the #1 Golden age classic cover of them all...for collectors who do not put it at #1, top 5 with ease. Add to that the fact that it's also a scarce very early Batman appearance / Batman cover, and you have the makings of a virtual "mini Grail" for a GA Batman collector.

I just love it

Steve

Tec 31 is widely viewed as the #1 Golden age classic cover of them all...for collectors who do not put it at #1, top 5 with ease. Add to that the fact that it's also a scarce very early Batman appearance / Batman cover, and you have the makings of a virtual "mini Grail" for a GA Batman collector.

I just love it

Steve

^^

I just love it

Steve

^^

Soooo are any of you guys gonna accept my BIN price or what? :baiting: