• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will global recession affect comic valuations??

99 posts in this topic

I realize that comics have been immune to past recessions (having lived through many of them!) but this time it could be different. Any thoughts?? I think if the **** really hits the fan we could see valuations cut in half. :o

Why would this time be any different than a past recession/downturn? I assume that you mean actual prices realized instead of valuations? Who cares what the OSPG is on a given book? As we know books go for multiples or fractions of OSPG anyway.

I think that what you'll you see is people choosing to hold onto books rather than sell if they can and if they think that market prices will rebound. So far, I haven't seen any reason to think that comic prices will be cut in half. Further, the weak dollar makes for attractive bargains for foreign collectors who might have been waiting to buy. That in turn mean price stability and possibly price increases, assuming foreign buyers fill any decrease in US $ purchasers.

Hey , that might not be a bad thing in that I might be able to purchase books that I never had a chance to be able afford. (thumbs u

But in all seriousness , I hope we don't go into a recession as they are predicting.

I wouldn't worry to much as people usually invest in other things ,"collectibles, etc." look at the price of gold.

Hey , that might not be a bad thing in that I might be able to purchase books that I never had a chance to be able afford. (thumbs u

But in all seriousness , I hope we don't go into a recession as they are predicting.

I wouldn't worry to much as people usually invest in other things ,"collectibles, etc." look at the price of gold.

um, we are kind of already in a recession...at the very least, a growth recession...

I realize that comics have been immune to past recessions (having lived through many of them!) but this time it could be different. Any thoughts?? I think if the **** really hits the fan we could see valuations cut in half. :o

G-d I hope so.......let 'em drop 60% or 70%, and I'll go on a buying spree to get all those issues that are out of my reach at todays prices

Steve

Suspense 3 will still be overpriced :insane:

Suspense 3 will still be overpriced :insane:

Yeah, but at half I just might buy one.

I might buy some GA at half price :thumbsup:

In the spirit of togetherness, I might buy some X-Men. :foryou: