• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Contest Results - Round 15

68 posts in this topic

If you think about it... the Fewest Grades Off ranking is actually the most precise of the rankings. hm

What if you don't submit multiple grades? :whistle:

You mean because I don't assign a +/- to a missed round?

If you think about it... the Fewest Grades Off ranking is actually the most precise of the rankings. hm

What if you don't submit multiple grades? :whistle:

You mean because I don't assign a +/- to a missed round?

Yes

Yeah, but there is always the exception. Paris Fred is #15 In Grades off but 30th in the overall rankings and his average puts him 33rd. (shrug)

Yes, Paris Fred is 30th currently because he missed a round. If he had "batted his average" Let's say, he'd actually have around 42-43 points which would put him closer to 20th place (or even 17th place with 43 points).

Yeah, I don't count missed rounds which affects the normal ranking (by giving you a zero).

(Plus, it gives another perspective on the results which may or may not make some of the players feel a little better about their results.) (thumbs u

Actually fewest grades off will be a little skewed if someone takes a goose egg. Moloch is 9th in grades off, 23rd overall and his average is 13th. Both he and Paris Fred have missed a round.

It does look like if you have submitted a guess every round, it is the most precise.

(Plus, it gives another perspective on the results which may or may not make some of the players feel a little better about their results.) (thumbs u

Actually fewest grades off will be a little skewed if someone takes a goose egg. Moloch is 9th in grades off, 23rd overall and his average is 13th. Both he and Paris Fred have missed a round.

It does look like if you have submitted a guess every round, it is the most precise.

I guess it depends on whether you penalize someone for missing a round.

If you're on a baseball team and you don't play a game, it doesn't affect your average. Your batting average is taken from your actual plate appearances. (shrug)

Now if you compare this to a golf game.. yeah, you'd get penalized for not playing a round.

So if we penalize, what should the penalty be for FEWEST GRADES OFF?

And Even MORE Stats!!!

This is how we keep track of who has Disqualified or Withdrawn (Sometimes in the past, it was hard to tell who had dropped out.)

This also tracks YOUR PLACE throughout the Grading Contest and shows how you've done throughout this exciting journey that's nearing an end!

For the Stats nuts out there interested in stuff like this...

Place-By-Round-15.gif

Maybe we can do a chart to see who asks the most questions? lol

I might be in the lead on that one. :insane:

I am on a two round question free streak. :acclaim:

Boy, if ever there was a round to ask questions, that was it... :P

Maybe we can do a chart to see who asks the most questions? lol

I might be in the lead on that one. :insane:

I am on a two round question free streak. :acclaim:

You would loose by a landslide doh!

If almoe nailed them all and Toro hit a -2 for the rest (first and last place) they would be tied at the end........I think.

I don't think that's right . . . hm

toro has 55 pts . . . with 5 rounds to go, he can drop no lower than to 45 pts.

almoe has 13 pts, he can add no more than 25, which would give him 38 pts.

(unless I'm not thinking straight here)

If almoe nailed them all and Toro hit a -2 for the rest (first and last place) they would be tied at the end........I think.

Divad is right of course. Unfortunately, if you have less than 20 points as of Round 15, you are mathematically eliminated from winning the main Grading Contest. :(

Divad is right of course. Unfortunately, if you have less than 20 points as of Round 15, you are mathematically eliminated from winning the main Grading Contest. :(

:acclaim:

Wait a minute . . . what do you mean "main"? Is there a loser's prize? :insane: