• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

California Comic Convention, Yorba Linda, CA, February 10th 2008

23 posts in this topic

• Administrator

February 10th 2008 CA,

California Comic Convention

City of Yorba Linda

www.CalComicCon.com

info@CalcomicCon.com

Address: 4501 Casa Loma Ave.

Show Hours: 9:30 am-5;00 pm

Table Cost: $100, Admission: $8 includes 1 raffle ticket, (get 3 raffle tickets if you purchase your ticket on-line)

Parking: free

Contact info: Terry O’Neill, P.O. Box 2065, Orange, CA 90859. PH: 714-288-8993.

This will be the second comic book show in Orange County just for comic fans, there will mostly be comic dealers as exhibitors, with an emphasis on vintage comics. I already have a great guest list with Alex Nino (Comics & Fantasy Artist) and Tony DeZuniga ( Jonah Hex, X-men ) Confirmed and additional local comic art legends the works. The raffle will include at least 4 CGC graded comics, there will be a 3 piece of original comic artwork raffled off as well. Additional Raffle tickets can be purchased for $2 each at the show door. The last show was the kind of comic show that I remembered from my younger days when it was all about the comics, the stories and the artwork.

Why would any one travel to a one day show? This is just miles from Disneyland , Knott's Berry Farm, Angel Stadium, Arrowhead Pond, Newport Beach, and Laguna Beach and is in the heart of Orange County CA, otherwise known as the O.C... You may purchase advance tickets by following the link on this post.

Lodging is available at many locations within short distance from the Civic center, see Hotels page for more information.

*note* - CGC will not be setting up at this event

Next weekend bump!

As an exhibitor, I received three free passes for my "best customers". Since I don't have any best customers (yet), I'll go ahead and give 'em to forum members. If any of you are for sure going, post a :takeit: and PM your address and I'll mail you the pass on Monday.

You just have to promise to stop by my booth and show some mild interest in what I'm selling..... meh

Next weekend bump!

As an exhibitor, I received three free passes for my "best customers". Since I don't have any best customers (yet), I'll go ahead and give 'em to forum members. If any of you are for sure going, post a :takeit: and PM your address and I'll mail you the pass on Monday.

You just have to promise to stop by my booth and show some mild interest in what I'm selling..... meh

me and my wife are going (also going to a cd & record sale at claremont colleges) if those passes are still available.

Next weekend bump!

me and my wife are going (also going to a cd & record sale at claremont colleges) if those passes are still available.

Sure Hawkman - send me a PM with your address and I'll send you two of them....they aren't exactly moving like hot cakes. That leaves me with one, if anyone else out there is going and interested in a free pass.

:takeit:

Do you have one left? I'm taking my daughter. I'll be sure to spend at least $50 at your table.

Hi - It's yours.

All gone.....

Hope to see a bunch of forumites there! Be sure to stop by and say :hi:

I'll be there ,the show is less than a mile from my house.Isure hope this becomes a regular show.I used to go to the Wizard World in Long Beach ,but when it moved to L.A. it just SUCKED! so I'm hoping to spend my Money elsewhere.

thanks to mikeS. i got my tickets today. this is great. there is a cd & record convention at the claremont colleges from 10-4pm ($2 entrance fee), so me and the wife will start with that, then at about noon or so, head on down to yorba linda. and being a sunday, NO TRAFFIC. AND FREE PARKING AT BOTH PLACES. AND I'M CALLING IN SICK AT WORK. lol

can't wait

FYI

Bunkybrothers will be at the show, with a brand new original owner golden age collection of about 500 books. Come by and say hello.

Bunky Brian and Kenny

Can't wait to cruise by your table. Cool name Bunky Brian.

Brian

FYI

Bunkybrothers will be at the show, with a brand new original owner golden age collection of about 500 books. Come by and say hello.

Bunky Brian and Kenny

:applause:

Can we get a hint as to what kind of GA? :wishluck:

Ditto. What sort of GA? Timelys? Centaurs? Fox? :wishluck:

FYI

Bunky Brian and Kenny

:applause:

Can we get a hint as to what kind of GA? :wishluck:

Ditto. What sort of GA? Timelys? Centaurs? Fox? :wishluck:

Hopefully some Timelys!

just got back from the convention. i had a great time. free parking, and by the time i got there (just after 4pm), the entrance fee was waived. i was kind of rushing when i got there. i stayed for about 30 mins. i bought at least one book from every dealer except the newer books in the back (near the movie tapes).

each dealer brought a nice selection (IMO) of books. everyone had copper/bronze books for 1/2 off or 20% off. i picked up detective comics 532 and 548, captain america 231, and conan #8. all for about $20.

just got back from the convention. i had a great time. free parking, and by the time i got there (just after 4pm), the entrance fee was waived. i was kind of rushing when i got there. i stayed for about 30 mins. i bought at least one book from every dealer except the newer books in the back (near the movie tapes).

each dealer brought a nice selection (IMO) of books. everyone had copper/bronze books for 1/2 off or 20% off. i picked up detective comics 532 and 548, captain america 231, and conan #8. all for about $20.

So how big was this show?

So how big was this show?

when i got there, it looked like there were about 7-8 dealers set up. the room i guess was about half the size of a high school gym.

would i go again? yes. small, but very nice.