• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do Batman collectors have lower standards?

14 posts in this topic

Maybe he's dealt with dam60 before? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

I think the seller is just trying to APPEAL (some would say borderline GROVEL) to the collector side who is more interested in hole filling, good reads, content, and cover art than the casual comic buyer who is more about the condition than anything.

Maybe he's dealt with dam60 before? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

I think the seller is just trying to APPEAL (some would say borderline GROVEL) to the collector side who is more interested in hole filling, good reads, content, and cover art than the casual comic buyer who is more about the condition than anything.

I LOVE getting VG Batman books (although this particular one looked lower than that) cause I can get them cheap! These next 150 Batmans are going to be a bit pricey and since I am a completionist and not a perfectionist getting low grade copies are a great idea! thumbsup2.gif

DAM

Do Batman collectors have lower standards?

Yes, Batman collectors do tend to date uglier women.

(Except Dam60....his girlfriends a cutie tongue.gif )

Thanks Bug! Here's a pic of the two of us from this Easter (don't worry in real life my head isn't trimmed tongue.gif)

Link

and then here she is last year with our son "Frank"

Link

I knew she was a keeper when she got me Bats 227 and 228 from her local comic store! Nice (meaning probably in the VF range, I am a Batman collector after all tongue.gif) books to boot! smile.gif

DAM