• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Being held up on the Bay!!!!!!!

94 posts in this topic

I would imagine this has been brought up before but It is my first experience like this so i could use some advice. I recently won a Swamp thing original series #7 the first meeting between Swampy and Bats. It was a impulse buy and quite cheap I paid 10.00 total shipping included. I was amazed I won it as I put the bid in early and forgot about it. The scan was quite large and this book looked amazing bright colors nice centering no dings razor sharp corners I could go on and on, the book looked an easy 9.8 and it was listed as Gem mint. This was to be an upgrade as I own a few 9.2s of this issue. So when I saw I had won I was quite pleased Paid immediatly and waited for the comic.

What arrived was a completly different book, I immediatly checked the listing scan again. Different centering, rounded corners, overhang on the front cover etc. etc etc.

I immediatly contacted the seller and told him the issue, he said nope same book return it for a refund if you are not happy.I went to look at the completed listing again just to confirm and noticed he had taken the scan down....nice!!

I checked his feedback something I would have done prior if we would have been talking serious coin and noticed this seller severly over grades and this was evident by his feedback. Many times even with positive feedback, referances were made to overgrading.

I contacted him to ask again what He wanted to do and to tell him I did not wish to NEG him I only wanted what I had won.But he had commited fraud and I felt he shouldnt get away with that. He responded by telling me They give what they get and I am the one without any Negative feedback. In other words threatening retaliatory ffeedback. This seller has 1500 transactions with a 96% positive. I have 600 transactions with 100%

We are not talking serious money here I could just walk away to avoid the retaliatory hit, But it irritates me I am being threatend. This was such a blatant case of fraud I would hate someone to get a real hit financially. Do I accept this or Take a hit for the Ebay community. I would imagine so many people on the Bay arent honest at times in feedback as they are terrified of a retaliatory Feedback hit.

Thanks all!! Again my apologies if this has been discussed before.

10 bucks, I'd just walk away. No need to ruin your 100% positive over that. Even if it's $1, I always read the feedback. Positives can be just as telling as negatives many times as you can see from this guys feedback.

Sorry about the bad transaction. :sorry:

From Pee Wee's Big Adventure:

Biker #2: I say we kill him!

Biker Gang: [shouts] Yeah!

Biker #3: I say we hang him, then we kill him!

Biker #4: I say we scalp him!

Biker #4: Then we tattoo him!

Biker #4: Then we hang him!

Biker #4: And then we kill him!

Pee-wee: [trying to throw voice without moving lips] I say we let him go.

Biker Gang: [shouts] No!

:sumo:

Neg him. One neg isn't going to hurt you. Make sure you word your response to describe his threat of retaliation. Also, respond to his neg of you, if he indeed follows through on the threat, in a similar matter...

Jim

This is why i said it sounds familiar.

Is he the seller ?

This may not be the same seller, but when I look at a list like that, red flags go up, and my instincts say, "don't bid, walk away".

Your going to get a negative sometime on EBay. Thats just the way it is 99% of the time.

BY taking the negative on a $10 book your sending a clear message. I Want What I Paid For! So no one can your a easy push over. Plus no one else in there right mind will leave you a negative like "He only left negative feedback because the book was $700 and he thinks he over paid" type of . It isn't fun at all. But take the negative, and respond to it.

It's $10 today or possiby $100's or $1,000's later.....Neg his ....I always save copies of the scans provided in a auction Im bidding on. Helps later on should you have to prove fraud or other types of mis deed's like Photo Shopping book's.

I am leaning towards Giving him negative feedback. I am just so peeved about being threatened and I WANT TO DO THE RIGHT THING!!!

All your input is appreciated and I will look forward to more comments and ideas on wording in particular so as to protect myself as much as possible!!

Is there anything ebay can do. I think that there's a way to save an auction with it's scan before the scan is pulled, but whehter ebay would actually do anything even with proof, is debatable. Unless you can actually change things, I'd forego giving a neg and receiving one. Ebay is an incredibly corrupt marketplace, the amount of fraud and hot items and shill bidding is terrible.

Oh wow, check out his advice for what to do with the 'mint unused cover proofs' of various comics he is selling:

THIS IS OUR LOVE STORY # 28 UNUSED MAREVL COMICS COVER PROOF. IN MT 9.9 MINT. THE COVER IS UNCUT AND NEVER BEEN USED. MARRY IT TO A COMIC AND MAKE YOURSELF A MINT COMIC OR A DOUBLE COVER VARIANT

Make a double cover variant? doh!

Oh wow, check out his advice for what to do with the 'mint unused cover proofs' of various comics he is selling:

THIS IS OUR LOVE STORY # 28 UNUSED MAREVL COMICS COVER PROOF. IN MT 9.9 MINT. THE COVER IS UNCUT AND NEVER BEEN USED. MARRY IT TO A COMIC AND MAKE YOURSELF A MINT COMIC OR A DOUBLE COVER VARIANT

Make a double cover variant? doh!

:whatthe:

:roflmao:

Seriously though...neg his azz :sumo:

Leave him a negative comment on the 90th day after the auction ended. Ebay imposes a deadline where you can leave comments for transactions and I think the limit is 90 days. By the time he sees the negative comment, it will be the 91st day, and he won't be able to retaliate. I have never tried this myself, but see no reason why it would not work.