• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Being held up on the Bay!!!!!!!

94 posts in this topic

Leave him a negative comment on the 90th day after the auction ended. Ebay imposes a deadline where you can leave comments for transactions and I think the limit is 90 days. By the time he sees the negative comment, it will be the 91st day, and he won't be able to retaliate. I have never tried this myself, but see no reason why it would not work.

Because you can never guarantee that the feedback option won't be available on day 91. From what I have heard, this is not a precise time scale, with a countdown clock. Therefore, it's a risk.

Was that on the listing i tried finding it and it kept coming up unavailable. Yes that is the comic he had listed. I am going to scan what he sent tonight on this posting.

Oh wow, check out his advice for what to do with the 'mint unused cover proofs' of various comics he is selling:

THIS IS OUR LOVE STORY # 28 UNUSED MAREVL COMICS COVER PROOF. IN MT 9.9 MINT. THE COVER IS UNCUT AND NEVER BEEN USED. MARRY IT TO A COMIC AND MAKE YOURSELF A MINT COMIC OR A DOUBLE COVER VARIANT

Make a double cover variant? doh!

It gets better....this is from his vault of evil cover proof auction...it seems he too is "hooked on phonics" while simultaneously not knowing the meaning of several words..

AND THE BOARDERS ARE CREAMY BONE WHITE!

1. Never buy from a seller with over 1000 FB and < 98%.

2. Have separate seller and buyer ebay accounts.

3. Neg him to help others and preserve your pride, integrity. People should not be afraid of getting retaliatory negs. If you only buy, it impacts you ZERO.

1. Never buy from a seller with over 1000 FB and < 98%.

2. Have separate seller and buyer ebay accounts.

3. Neg him to help others and preserve your pride, integrity. People should not be afraid of getting retaliatory negs. If you only buy, it impacts you ZERO.

Exactamente. Which is why I have two ebay accounts. One for buying (and negging when necessary), and one for selling.

Not that I've needed to neg anyone yet, but when the time comes... I'm ready :cool:

Leave him a negative comment on the 90th day after the auction ended. Ebay imposes a deadline where you can leave comments for transactions and I think the limit is 90 days. By the time he sees the negative comment, it will be the 91st day, and he won't be able to retaliate. I have never tried this myself, but see no reason why it would not work.

Because you can never guarantee that the feedback option won't be available on day 91. From what I have heard, this is not a precise time scale, with a countdown clock. Therefore, it's a risk.

Everything else on ebay works on a precise time scale, so why wouldn't this? Besides, it might take him a few days to even figure out soemone has left him a negative. If you are going to do it anyway, you might as well do it on the last day.

Bronzilla:

I searched and found an auction for a #7 that ended 1/21. I think that's what ArAich is pulling from. Prob not your book but likely the same scan.

Others:

Can you have 2 ebay accounts linked to the same paypal? I'd like to have sep buying and selling accounts, but paypal only allows 1 account right?

Everything else on ebay works on a precise time scale, so why wouldn't this? Besides, it might take him a few days to even figure out soemone has left him a negative. If you are going to do it anyway, you might as well do it on the last day.

I am under the impression that this has been addressed by eBay in some way, and it's no longer a viable strategy. I could be wrong, but it is something I have read in multiple places.

What should be done, feedback aside, is to send the book back and get the refund. Despite the hassle and small dollar amount, it's something more of us should do. (Of course, no one here is buying from sellers who don't offer refunds, right?....)

Bronzilla:

I searched and found an auction for a #7 that ended 1/21. I think that's what ArAich is pulling from. Prob not your book but likely the same scan.

Others:

Can you have 2 ebay accounts linked to the same paypal? I'd like to have sep buying and selling accounts, but paypal only allows 1 account right?

Yes you can have as many eBay accounts as you want, you just need different email addresses for the eBay accounts - the paypal account can have the same singular email address, and be different, or the same, as your eBay email accounts.

Paypal allows more than one account, but they may have to be separate kinds of accounts, i.e., private and business, and of course, you would need a different email address for each account.