• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Being held up on the Bay!!!!!!!

94 posts in this topic

eBay guarantees feedback can be left for the first 90 days. What happens on day 91 is indeterminant-- if they need the disk space, they will delete (or probably just move) auctions older than 90 days from areas that are feedback-accessible. How often they check their disk space is unknown, so it could be day 91 or well past day 100, you never know.

If you make a direct bookmark to the auction page, you can leave feedback well after 90 days in most cases. :gossip: The seller will be powerless to retaliate because the links in Feebay will be long gone. :devil:

Well I did something really stupid! I typed in the negative information and neglected to hit the negative tab. Thus giving this jerk another positive. And my understanding is that is irreversible!!! I was so peeved I completly forgot! This whole thing has got me rattled, Oh well hopefully people will see what I wrote and give them food for thought. And if he Negs me... well who cares!!!

I was gonna suggest that as an option as well...just to be clever hit the positive with a complete F-U negative statement attached... (:

Well I did something really stupid! I typed in the negative information and neglected to hit the negative tab. Thus giving this jerk another positive. And my understanding is that is irreversible!!! I was so peeved I completly forgot! This whole thing has got me rattled, Oh well hopefully people will see what I wrote and give them food for thought. And if he Negs me... well who cares!!!

Now you have to win another book from him... doh!

Just look at the feedback he has left for others - Feedback

There is something seriously wrong with this guy.

Yikes! :whatthe:

That "CONSUMER TERRORIST" feedback line he uses rings a bell. I'm pretty sure we've discussed this seller before....

GRADING IS ALWAYS SUBJECTIVE THATS WHY WE PROVIDE FULL SIZE SCANS OF OUR ITEMS!! Buyer:

stevemmg ( 828 [Feedback score is 500 to 999] )

Dec-13-06 01:16

Reply by stevemmg (Dec-13-06 06:06):

If you compare the scans to the books sent, you will see that they don't match.

o

Follow-up by cgc*comics (Dec-19-06 16:34):

YOU BUY FROM US+FLIP ITEMS+RIP OFF YOUR BUYERS COME TO CGC*COMICS+PAY LESS MONE

96% feedback and he doesn't take paypal? fuggedaboudit.

Plus, all of his comics are gem mint. Yeah right. On the really atrocious ones (like that beat up Shadow 1) he'll say GM in the title, but it'll be VG in the auction description, but with all sorts of great descriptive words like "unread". Yeah, right, that Shadow 1 is unread!

I pretty much don't bid, and don't buy, if virtually every book someone has listed is NM++, especially if they have a bunch of older stuff.

He does have some cool cover proofs up. Though after I splurged and bought like 40-50 cover proofs from the 40s and 50s, I'm kindah done with that. But what does he suggest doing? Trimming them up and attaching them to a comic to make a "double cover variant". Uh huh, it isn't a variant if you make it!

eBay guarantees feedback can be left for the first 90 days. What happens on day 91 is indeterminant-- if they need the disk space, they will delete (or probably just move) auctions older than 90 days from areas that are feedback-accessible. How often they check their disk space is unknown, so it could be day 91 or well past day 100, you never know.

If you make a direct bookmark to the auction page, you can leave feedback well after 90 days in most cases. :gossip: The seller will be powerless to retaliate because the links in Feebay will be long gone. :devil:

Not totally fool proof because you can search for the item number and in most cases, it'll be around later than 90 days later. :whistle:

Leave him a negative comment on the 90th day after the auction ended. Ebay imposes a deadline where you can leave comments for transactions and I think the limit is 90 days. By the time he sees the negative comment, it will be the 91st day, and he won't be able to retaliate. I have never tried this myself, but see no reason why it would not work.

Thats what I do and it works everytime!

Just dairy the date to remind yourself!!

Does any body know on ebay where it can actually show you the 90th day when your auction ended to see the very last day you can leave feedback?

From Pee Wee's Big Adventure:

Biker #2: I say we kill him!

Biker Gang: [shouts] Yeah!

Biker #3: I say we hang him, then we kill him!

Biker #4: I say we scalp him!

Biker #4: Then we tattoo him!

Biker #4: Then we hang him!

Biker #4: And then we kill him!

Pee-wee: [trying to throw voice without moving lips] I say we let him go.

Biker Gang: [shouts] No!

:sumo:

Tough biker lady: :I say you let ME handle him FIRST!"

Biker Gang: : "YEEeeeaaahhh!!"

:kidaround:

Leave him a negative comment on the 90th day after the auction ended. Ebay imposes a deadline where you can leave comments for transactions and I think the limit is 90 days. By the time he sees the negative comment, it will be the 91st day, and he won't be able to retaliate. I have never tried this myself, but see no reason why it would not work.

Because you can never guarantee that the feedback option won't be available on day 91. From what I have heard, this is not a precise time scale, with a countdown clock. Therefore, it's a risk.

Everything else on ebay works on a precise time scale, so why wouldn't this? Besides, it might take him a few days to even figure out soemone has left him a negative. If you are going to do it anyway, you might as well do it on the last day.

I am under the impression that this has been addressed by eBay in some way, and it's no longer a viable strategy. I could be wrong, but it is something I have read in multiple places.

What should be done, feedback aside, is to send the book back and get the refund. Despite the hassle and small dollar amount, it's something more of us should do. (Of course, no one here is buying from sellers who don't offer refunds, right?....)

not sure if anyone on page 7 or 8 answered, but I have left feedback for some auctions as long as 5 months after...

rick

...just be careful...the guy who sold you the comic is probably reading this thread...if your gonna neg him, just do it. you'll only go down to 99.8 - 99.9 and at least you warn off other buyers...tell them to conatct you for details in the neg feedback!!!

Paul.

...just be careful...the guy who sold you the comic is probably reading this thread...if your gonna neg him, just do it. you'll only go down to 99.8 - 99.9 and at least you warn off other buyers...tell them to conatct you for details in the neg feedback!!!

Paul.

Seriously guys, does it really matter if he get's one more neg? The guy's feedback is already abominable, and he's setup so you can't even look at the previous auctions. Anybody who bids on his auctions is taking their chances as well as supporting this clown. Apologies to Bronzilla - and I'm sorry you got burned - but that's the way I see it.

...just be careful...the guy who sold you the comic is probably reading this thread... if your gonna neg him, just do it. you'll only go down to 99.8 - 99.9 and at least you warn off other buyers...tell them to conatct you for details in the neg feedback!!!

Paul.

Yeah - I noticed a lot of the same verbiage in his writing that is frequently used around here.....,