• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008 GRADING CONTEST : ROUND 18

102 posts in this topic

9.4 :o because all the scuffing and smudges are production flaws? :(

I raised it from 8.0 to 9.0 because the smooze on the back was a production flaw...

So the scuffing along the spine on the front is production related too?

meh

9.4 :o because all the scuffing and smudges are production flaws? :(

I raised it from 8.0 to 9.0 because the smooze on the back was a production flaw...

So the scuffing along the spine on the front is production related too?

meh

If the thing on the back hadn't thrown me I would have called this a 9.0 too, for exactly that reason. Weird.

WOW...I had this so nailed at a 9.4...but that BC coupon smudge just got under my skin and bugged the hell out of me...initially I was just gonna pull the 9.4 trigger and then I went back and stared at that freakin smudge 3 times and shifted to the 9.2...DAM! That close to my first back-to-back 5s... doh!

WOW...I had this so nailed at a 9.4...but that BC coupon smudge just got under my skin and bugged the hell out of me...initially I was just gonna pull the 9.4 trigger and then I went back and stared at that freakin smudge 3 times and shifted to the 9.2...DAM! That close to my first back-to-back 5s... doh!

I TOLD you that thinking was overrated! :makepoint:lol

I TOLD you that thinking was overrated! :makepoint:lol

CONGRATS on the FIVE! ZAPPA POWER! (thumbs u

Exactly the same thought process I went through. :tonofbricks:

I thought the weak upper left corner, and color rub along the spine there, plus the smudge on the back, would keep it at 9.0.

Ditto.

9.4 for this book is just friggin ridiculous. The color rub along the spine front and back is a flaw from storage... not production related. :makepoint: Plus there is a ding in the left edge back cover. :makepoint::makepoint:

Please note that anyone that sold me this book raw as a NM would be getting a return.

:P

I thought the weak upper left corner, and color rub along the spine there, plus the smudge on the back, would keep it at 9.0.

Ditto.

9.4 for this book is just friggin ridiculous. The color rub along the spine front and back is a flaw from storage... not production related. :makepoint: Plus there is a ding in the left edge back cover. :makepoint::makepoint:

Please note that anyone that sold me this book raw as a NM would be getting a return.

You guys are just way too picky . . . :baiting:

:jokealert:

Ditto.

pretty much feel the way that you did. how the hell can a Transfer stain that huge (entire back spine, particularly onerous around the staples), garner a 9.4??? and i suppose the rubbing on the front corner spine is allowed in a 9.4 as well.........basically that entire back cover got a free ride?????? :o:insane:

clearly we should have asked about the stains. but it seemed so clear that this book sat in a pile of similar books that had the front cover blacks rub off onto the back cover whites. just don't see how that's production related.

whothehellever thought a 9.4 could look that crappy???