• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

half dozen Sid's Luncheonette FF's on Comiclink

33 posts in this topic

just thought i'd give a heads up to any interested Board Members.

i just put up the following books from my Sid's Luncheonette collection on ComicLink today;

Fantastic Four #'s

3 - CGC 8.0 ow/w pgs

7 - CGC 8.0 ow pgs

16 - CGC 7.0 ow pgs

23 - CGC 8.0 ow/w pgs

28 - CGC 9.0 ow/w pgs

29- CGC 8.0 ow pgs

www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?id=737472

That FF 3 is the worst scan I've ever seen of a high grade SA book!

It makes a 8.0 look like a 5.0. doh!

Please put a new scan up! :eek:

-I'm sure it's a sweet comic and I'm only trying to help your sales BB. :foryou:

Advice on a message board even well intended always sounds person_without_enough_empathyy.

:(

-I'm sure it's a sweet comic and I'm only trying to help your sales BB. :foryou:

Advice on a message board even well intended always sounds person_without_enough_empathyy.

i've been trying all day. even got a call from Josh Nathanson to introduce himself and mention the sheety scans..................I'm all ears if someone has any ideas. i scanned the pics at 150dpi, but they were huge on the link (albeit quite clear).

so i tried to downsize them by playing with the picture size only and then with the compression, but no combo seems to work..............thoughts??

i've been trying all day. even got a call from Josh Nathanson to introduce himself and mention the sheety scans..................I'm all ears if someone has any ideas. i scanned the pics at 150dpi, but they were huge on the link (albeit quite clear).

so i tried to downsize them by playing with the picture size only and then with the compression, but no combo seems to work..............thoughts??

I scan my books into Photoshop at 100% 300dpi, crop them at 300dpi, then reduce the image size to 490px wide @ 200dpi. Then save as a jpg using "Save for the Web" at 60% quality. Comes out to right around 200k or so. Sometimes I have to play with the quality slider a wee bit

Boy, I really like that #23 its a nice copy. From what I can tell

Yup it's a nice VF copy............... :grin: We all have specific collecting thresholds, but i don't see how one can go wrong at VF and above..........

and I finally got the scans better by using older scans and then consistently resizing them using some panasonic software that came with my new Lumix (Panasonic label on Leica) camera.

still not fantastic but as good as most CLink scans

That 28 is sweet!

No it's NOT!!!! :makepoint:

Yes it is. :whistle:

:whistle: :whistle:

Put a stronger bid on it. :baiting:

That wasn't me :gossip: I try not to lowball too badly. That bid is way too low IMO, as you can't even get a raw 9.0 for that :shrug: