• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Latest Heritage addittions!!! What are these going to go for?

39 posts in this topic

What price range will that Action #7 go for?

I'm in for $50K :devil:

That's just going to be an ante!

I all honesty, I believe this to be a $60-70K+ book....just not "worth" it to me?

darn heritages darn 20 percent commission is gonna be a killer on this book.

ill bet anything that within a year or less competition,the economy and competitors slashing their commissions FORCES Heritage to drop their comission rates. There not a lock anymore with getting the best material with comiclink and Metro getting into the auction game at much lower comissions.

Being the poster boy for high commissions is a target their competitors constantly use to there advantage.

darn heritages darn 20 percent commission is gonna be a killer on this book.

ill bet anything that within a year or less competition,the economy and competitors slashing their commissions FORCES Heritage to drop their comission rates. There not a lock anymore with getting the best material with comiclink and Metro getting into the auction game at much lower comissions.

Being the poster boy for high commissions is a target their competitors constantly use to there advantage.

actually, it is the consignor that pays....if folks think it is a $80K book, they will only bid $64K for it, taking into account the BP...so, the consignor, whom should realize $70K+ for it (at competitions auction houses that would surely get the same max price), will likely get hammer or less, if they are paying any seller premium

rick

They speculate a lot about when this cover was drawn. My guess would be at the same time as action 1, with siegel and shuster thinking this would be the cover for action 2. Not only is it much like an image in action 1, but if you look at the ad at the end of the story in action 2 it depicts a cover not unlike this same image (action 7 cover)..

actually, it is the consignor that pays....if folks think it is a $80K book, they will only bid $64K for it, taking into account the BP...

Some folks might (and for an 80k book I would hope they do), but I can't tell you the number of times that simple fact escaped people who were complaining bitterly about bidding on Heritage's books. They literally thought they were supposed to bid what they wanted to pay and then factor in the buyer's premium. I actually wrote a buyer's premium calculator at one point to help people who were unclear on the concept.

actually, it is the consignor that pays....if folks think it is a $80K book, they will only bid $64K for it, taking into account the BP...

Some folks might (and for an 80k book I would hope they do), but I can't tell you the number of times that simple fact escaped people who were complaining bitterly about bidding on Heritage's books. They literally thought they were supposed to bid what they wanted to pay and then factor in the buyer's premium. I actually wrote a buyer's premium calculator at one point to help people who were unclear on the concept.

well then, if someone can't figure out how to add 20% to their bid, not a lot I can say about that :screwy: ....sure, for the $300 book, I guess I really don't consider $360 a bid deal, and I am sure many folks don't...but, when you have $10,000 books, it is HUGE....

surely though, heritage has come through with some great material, and there about 3-4 books I plan on winning, BP be darned :headbang:

I don't want to cause a riot here, but can someone explain to me how that Action 7 can be worth eighty thousand smakers? Other than the fact that a few people with a lot of money go after it. I mean, I love comics as much as the next person, but is there something significant about that particular issue or copy? If it was an Action 3 in the same grade what would it go for?